I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Transfer from Coinbase to Binance
For crypto traders with assets on multiple exchanges, using a major platform like Coinbase, known for its high trading volume and user base, can be ideal. However, due to its limited coin support, diversifying to other exchanges like Binance might be necessary for a wider range of trading pairs. Transferring cryptocurrencies between exchanges is straightforward: copy the receiving wallet address from the target exchange, then paste it on the sending exchange. Transactions typically complete within 30 minutes but can be delayed during network congestion. For detailed steps on transferring from Coinbase to Binance, continue reading.
Transferring from Coinbase to Binance: Overview
Coinbase is one of the best crypto exchanges both in terms of trading volume and the number of users worldwide. However, Coinbase only supports a limited number of coins. If you want access to a greater variety of trading pairs, you might want to transfer your crypto assets from Coinbase to another exchange.
If you have a Coinbase and a Binance account, you might want to transfer cryptocurrencies between each other.
But how to transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
Quick Version: Transfering From Coinbase to Binance
To transfer crypto from Coinbase to Binance, follow the following steps:
- Copy your cryptocurrency’s public wallet address on Binance.
- Send the crypto by clicking on “Send/Receive” on Coinbase
- Paste the Binance wallet address in the “To” field.
- Click on “Continue” followed by “Send now”.
For example, if you want to send Ethereum from Coinbase to Binance, you need to copy your Ethereum wallet address on Binance. Then, paste your Ethereum wallet address on the “Send/Recieve” pop-up on Coinbase on the “To” field. After that, simple hit “Send now” to complete the transfer.
Coinbase will give you a display of the estimated time of the transaction. At times, the transaction may be delayed because of network congestion.
A Note About Storing Your Crypto
Something that all of the experts know is that you need to be very careful about where you store your crypto funds. Crypto exchanges and their built-in wallets are frequently attacked by hackers. If you do choose to store cryptocurrency online, do it temporarily. Invest in a hardware or software wallet for greater security.
How to Transfer Crypto from Coinbase to Binance
First, you need to have both a Coinbase and Binance account. If you want to transfer from Coinbase to Binance, you need to have crypto assets in your Coinbase account.
When transferring from Coinbase to Binance, start at the “Receive” end of your Binance account. You need to copy the Binance wallet address for the cryptocurrency you want to receive. Then, head to the “Send” part of your Coinbase account. Paste the wallet address in the correct place.
Find Your Encrypted Wallet Address
First, go to your Binance account to find your encrypted wallet address.
- Navigate to the “Fiat and Spot” page on Binance.
- Navigate to the cryptocurrency that you want to deposit.
- For example, if you want to deposit Ethereum, search for Ethereum and click on “Deposit”.
- After you’ve clicked on “Deposit” on the cryptocurrency that you want to deposit, you’ll land on the cryptocurrency’s wallet.
- On the right of the page, you’ll see your cryptocurrency’s wallet address on the “Address” field.
- Highlight the address and copy it.
Send to Binance
Once you have your Binance wallet deposit address, head over to Coinbase.
- Since you’re looking to send crypto to Binance, click on “Send/Receive”.
- After you’ve clicked on “Send/Receive”, a “Send/Receive” pop-up will open.
- On the pop-up, make sure you’re on the “Send” tab.
- Enter the amount of crypto you want to send to Binance.
- Paste the cryptocurrency’s address that you’ve copied from the third step on the “To” field.
- Click on the “Pay with” field and select the cryptocurrency that you want to send.
- Once you’re done, click on “Continue” to continue with the transaction.
After you’ve clicked on “Continue”, you’ll land on the transaction overview.
- Here you can see the amount of your chosen cryptocurrency that you are sending to Binance.
- You will also be able to view the Coin base fee, Network fee, Total, and the estimated time of the transaction.
- If everything is correct, click on “Send now” to send the cryptocurrency to Binance.
- The transaction will usually take up to 30 minutes to complete.
- However, it may be delayed if there is network congestion.
How to Transfer Crypto from Binance to Coinbase
If you want to transfer crypto from Binance to Coinbase, the process is very similar. All you have to do is to copy your wallet address for the cryptocurrency you want to receive. Then, paste the wallet address in the exchange you want to send it to.
- You need to start at your Coinbase account, and find the cryptocurrency you want to transfer, and click on “Receive”.
- Copy the wallet address generated by Coinbase.
- Head over to Binance and navigate to “Funds” > “Withdraw Bitcoins”.
- Follow the prompt and copy the Coinbase wallet address in the “To” field.
- How to Make Money with Cryptocurrency
- How to Withdraw from Binance
- How to Transfer From Coinbase to Coinbase Pro
- How Does Cryptocurrency Gain Value?
- How to Read Crypto Charts
Transferring cryptocurrencies between Coinbase and Binance is a simple process that enables you to access a wider range of trading pairs. Remember to double-check wallet addresses and prioritize the security of your crypto funds. Whether you’re a seasoned trader or a beginner, knowing how to transfer between exchanges is a valuable skill. Happy trading!
Transferring from Coinbase to Binance FAQ
How do I start a transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
First, log in to your Binance account, navigate to the ‘Wallet’ section, and select the cryptocurrency you want to receive. Copy the wallet address from Binance. Then, log in to Coinbase, go to your wallet, choose the same cryptocurrency, and click on ‘Send’. Paste the Binance wallet address and confirm the transaction.
Are there any fees for transferring from Coinbase to Binance?
Yes, Coinbase charges a network fee for transferring cryptocurrencies out of their platform. This fee varies based on the cryptocurrency and network congestion.
How long does it take to transfer from Coinbase to Binance?
The transfer usually takes up to 30 minutes, but it can be delayed if the network is congested.
Is there a minimum amount for transferring from Coinbase to Binance?
Yes, Coinbase has a minimum send amount which varies depending on the cryptocurrency. Check Coinbase’s website for specific details for each coin.
How can I ensure the safety of my transfer?
Always double-check the wallet address before sending and start with a small amount to confirm that the transfer works correctly.
Can I transfer any cryptocurrency from Coinbase to Binance?
You can transfer any cryptocurrency that is supported on both Coinbase and Binance. Make sure the cryptocurrency is available on both platforms before initiating a transfer.
What should I do if my transfer is delayed?
If your transfer takes longer than expected, check for any network congestion issues. If everything seems normal, contact Coinbase or Binance support for assistance.
Can I cancel my transfer after initiating it?
No, cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. Once you’ve confirmed the transfer, it cannot be canceled.
Is it necessary to complete KYC on both platforms for transferring?
Yes, both Coinbase and Binance require KYC (Know Your Customer) verification for transferring significant amounts of cryptocurrency. Ensure you’ve completed these steps on both platforms.
Are there any risks in transferring cryptocurrencies between exchanges?
The main risks involve sending to the wrong address or falling for phishing scams. Always use official apps and websites for both Coinbase and Binance, and verify all addresses carefully.