LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 6, 2016
No Account Information Shared
As a principle, no login details of your linked accounts, such as usernames and passwords, are accessible to anyone at Stilt. We do not store that information on our servers. The financial, social, and professional data we get from these sources is stored in a secure manner on off-site PCI compliant servers.
We Never Sell Your Information
We do not sell your information. To complete loan requests we may need to share information provided by you with our partners so that they can perform the requested services, but your information is not for sale.
Best in Class SSL Protection
We work really hard to protect your information. It is really important to us. All data entered into the Stilt site is encrypted using industry-leading SHA-256 SSL technology before being sent to servers. The servers we use are highly secure and compliant with all Federal regulations.
Privacy and Security Policy
Information We Collect
Information we collect while you use our site helps us improve our services. During the loan application process we also request and collect personal and financial information from you, such as your name and address. We collect information when you use Stilt website. We also collect personal and financial information during the registration and loan approval process. Additional information may be gathered during your future use of the site. Information that we collect may include personally identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, or social security number. We may also collect financial information such as your income, account balance, payment history, credit history, or credit scores. We and/or our service providers may also collect information that is about you. We and/or our service providers may use this aggregated information in the administration of our Site to improve its usability, evaluate the success of particular marketing/advertising campaigns, and help optimize our Site based on your needs. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, number of page views, or cookies and anonymous identifiers.
How We Use Information We Collect
- To establish that you are over the age of 18;
- To verify your identity and guard against potential fraud;
- To pull a credit report from a credit bureau, such as Experian, to help determine your creditworthiness;
- To determine your eligibility for a Stilt loan;
- To enable our financial services partners to implement automatic payments and fund transfers;
- To contact you if there is a problem completing a transaction you requested or to discuss a problem with your account;
- To implement collection activities as needed; and/or
- To maintain regular communications with you concerning transactions you initiate, including but not limited to requesting information or assistance, submitting a loan request, and making payments.
More generally, we may use information that we collect from you or that you provide to us:
- To provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new ones, and to protect Stilt and our users;
- To notify you about changes to the Stilt site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing;
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you, such as advertisements, by us through third parties;
- To offer you tailored content giving you more relevant search results and ads;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or otherwise give your consent; and/or
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including retaining personal data or responding to any government or regulatory request.
Information You Share
Information We Share
Partners & Service Providers:
Third Party Accounts:
It may be possible to disable some Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
Protecting Your Information
Stilt takes your privacy and security seriously. We have enabled HTTPS access to our site, in addition to SSL technology, and your login information of your financial accounts is not accessible to anyone at Stilt. This data is stored offsite. Additionally, there are a number of precautions you can take to protect the security of your computer, including selecting a strong Stilt password and not sharing it with anyone. Stilt takes steps to safeguard your personal information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices:
- Session Time-Outs:
- Protection of Account Numbers:
- Secure, Off-Site Hosting:
- Defined Service Access points:
- Secure Socket Layer certificate technology:
- Data encryption:
- Network firewalls:
Communications from Stilt
Stilt may send you notifications regarding your account. You cannot opt out of these notifications as they are in place to help protect your privacy and security, but you can opt out of any additional marketing communications. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing communications you receive.
To protect your account, Stilt may send you notifications that confirm actions taken on your account. These notifications are typically sent to notify you of a change in status, or for legal or security purposes. For example, you may receive notifications confirming your registration and the successful submission of loan requests, as well as requests from us for additional information and reminders to sign your loan agreement.
You cannot opt out of these notifications as they are in place to protect the security of your account and personal information. We do this for your own protection so that you can be sure no one else is making changes to your account without your knowledge. However, the security offered by these notifications can be undermined if other people have access to your email account.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Even under the best of circumstances, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk. In the event of a data breach, we will comply with the notification guidelines required by federal law as well as the laws of each state in which we do business.
How to Protect Your Security
Use a strong password, do not share it, and only log onto your Stilt account from a secured computer with virus protection. You can take several precautions to protect the security of your computer and personal information. Use a unique password that you do not use for any other service. To choose a strong password, avoid using any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday, and use special characters in place of letters. Change your Stilt password frequently. Do not share your Stilt password with anyone. Restrict access to the email account you registered with on the Stilt site. Install and regularly update antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer from external attacks by malicious users. Do not log onto your Stilt account in public areas where the internet is unsecured. Logout and close the browser window when you are finished with a session on the Stilt site.
Compliance with State and Federal Laws
When This Policy Complies