Stilt Blog - Page 177 of 178 - Financial Services for International Students and Immigrants

For many people, making the decision to get an H1B visa and work in the U.S.A. is an easy one, however, finding sponsorship and making the move is not quite as easy. These can be daunting tasks, particularly if you are thousands of miles away. It’s hard to know where to look so we’ve written […]

If you’re one of the many people who is changing from an L1 visa to an H1B visa, you’re probably wondering what procedures, rules, and regulations you need to follow to ensure your Change of Status is as smooth as possible. There are many things to take into consideration; can you continue working for your […]

If you are an Indian person living and working on a visa in the United States for a number of years, you may need to have your passport renewed while you are here. This can be a worrying time because your passport is your key to getting home in the case of an emergency and […]

One of the biggest obstacles H1B applicants face in obtaining a visa is the H1B lottery. While candidates for the H1B visa are judged based on their credentials, education, and professional experience, every applicant is on even footing in the lottery. The lottery draws from the pool of approved H1B applications randomly, with a general […]

If you are an international student studying in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, you might be considering working in the U.S. on a more permanent basis. To accomplish this, you can change your visa status from an F-1 visa to an H-1B visa. This might be a jump since an H-1B worker is considered […]

If you are thinking about immigrating with your family, you will all need to be in possession of a valid passport, even newborn babies. Most people do not even consider getting passports for newborn babies so you might not be aware of how to go about applying for one. This is a much easier process […]

You have your Bachelor’s degree done, you have your Master’s degree done and now you are planning to do your PhD in the United States? So how does a PhD degree work in the US? Can you apply directly after your Bachelor’s or do you need to have a Master’s degree? Can you transfer credits […]

If you are lucky enough to have your H1B application approved, you may be wondering what you need to do next. This short guide will answer some of the most asked questions from people who have been in the same situation. What happens next? Once your application has been selected in the lottery process, the […]

When arriving to the United States, it is important to understand how the university classes courses you are taking work up to your degree. What system is in place to check how many classes you need in order to finish your degree? This is what credit hours do, and this is how university students keep […]