I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is a great video streaming service provided by Amazon. It allows you to subscribe to numerous channels, including BritBox, Paramount+, and many others. This way, you will always stay up to date with your favorite films and shows.
But not everyone wants to stay subscribed to this service forever. Some start wondering how to cancel Amazon Prime Video, either because they are not happy with the offers anymore or because they no longer afford to pay the subscription fee.
How to cancel subscriptions on Amazon Prime Video? This article will tell you everything you need to know.
How to Cancel TV and Movie Channel Subscriptions
Once you subscribe to Amazon Prime video, you will instantly gain access to a lot of movies and TV shows. Whenever you wish, you can watch all this content, and you will not have to pay extra for it. All you need is the Prime subscription, which you’ve already acquired.
The service also gives you access to various channels. Now, the good thing about these is that you can enjoy a free trial when subscribing to a lot of these trials. At the same time, you will still be asked for your billing and credit card details.
After the free trial reaches the deadline, you will be charged for the channel subscription. You can cancel it later if you are not happy with it. But how exactly can you cancel TV and movie channel subscriptions, though?
Fortunately, the cancellation process is quite simple. All you need to do is go to the subscriptions list and look for the specific movie or show. Next to it, there should be a “Cancel Subscription” button. Click on it.
Bear in mind that this will require logging into your Amazon account once again, even if you’re signed in already. So, don’t rush to find out how to delete an Amazon account just yet – you will need it.
Now, you will be presented with some options. You can choose to get reminders several days prior to the renewal of the subscription. This way, you will have time to think if you still need the subscription or if you actually want to terminate it for good.
The auto-renew option can also be turned off if you wish. This means that until the subscription comes to an end, you will still be allowed to watch your favorite channel or show.
Lastly, you can choose to end your subscription permanently. All you need to do is click on “Cancel now and get a refund”, and your membership will be closed.
Here are the steps to follow if you want a more easy-to-follow process:
- Go to Amazon and log into your Prime Video account.
- Find the “Your Account” option.
- Go to “Membership and Subscriptions”.
- Choose the “Prime Video Channels” option.
- Here, you will see all the channels you’ve subscribed to. Now, you can scroll through them until you stumble upon the specific subscription you want to terminate.
- Click on “Cancel Channel” after finding it.
Where to Manage Your Subscriptions on Amazon
Everything, including the subscriptions and memberships you’ve paid for, can be found on the Memberships & Subscriptions page. Here, you can also manage all of them. If you don’t know where to find it, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Move the cursor over the Account & Lists option. You will easily be able to see it in the page’s top-right corner. Hovering your mouse over this option will then result in a drop-down menu popping up.
- Look in the Your Account list, then choose Memberships & Subscriptions.
You will now be able to manage your Amazon subscriptions easily.
But if you do not have access to a computer and want to use the mobile application instead, you can still find the Memberships & Subscriptions page. Here are the steps you will go through:
- On your mobile phone, open the Amazon application.
- Tap on the User icon.
- Choose Your Account.
- Next, pick Memberships & Subscriptions under the Account Settings section.
The mobile application will reveal the same type of information you see on your computer’s web browser, so cancellations will be a piece of cake.
Alternative Ways to Cancel TV and Movie Channel Subscriptions
You’ll be happy to know that the cancellation method presented above is not the only one you can use. There is an alternative way to cancel your movie channel subscriptions.
Here is what you have to do:
- Once again, go to the Memberships & Subscriptions page.
- From the right side of the channel you wish to terminate, click the “Video Settings” button.
- Now, pick the Channels tab from under the Account & Settings category. There, you will be able to see a list of the channels you’ve subscribed to.
- Next to the channel you want to stop paying for, click on “Cancel Channel”.
How Do You Cancel an Amazon Prime Membership?
If you no longer want to use an Amazon Prime membership, you can also cancel it. This will also automatically cancel the Prime Video Channel subscriptions you’ve made so far. If this is the option you want to go for, here is what you have to do:
- Go to Amazon and log into Amazon Prime.
- Access “Your Account”.
- Next, go to “Your Membership”.
- Select “Edit with Amazon”.
- In the end, click on “End Membership”.
Canceling Amazon Prime Video Subscription FAQ
Even if you’ve canceled your Prime Video subscription or you’re thinking about it, you may still have some curiosities. Here are some commonly asked questions with answers.
What Are Premium Channels on Prime Video?
Amazon Prime offers optional add-ons, called premium channels. They allow you to stream different services from providers, including sporting events, movies, and television shows. You will have to pay a fee for each channel every month.
How Do I Manage My Amazon Prime Channels?
All you have to do to manage your Amazon Prime channels is log into your account, then go to the “Your Account” section. Next, you have to go to “Membership and Subscriptions”. Lastly, select “Prime Video Channels”.
What Happens After You Cancel a Premium Channel?
Even when you cancel a premium channel, you will be allowed to keep using it until the subscription expires. So, if you’ve canceled and the renewal will no longer be done automatically, you will be able to use the subscription until the deadline is reached. This will not terminate your Prime Video membership, though. A refund will also not be granted.
- How to Delete an Amazon Account
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime
- How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon
- How to Cancel Amazon Music
- How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon
- How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon
- How to Cancel Starz on Amazon
While some people are looking up how to cancel Amazon Music, others are searching for ways to cancel other Amazon services, like their Amazon Prime Video subscriptions or their Prime Video account. With Amazon Prime Video, you can cancel your channel subscriptions through various methods, so it shouldn’t be difficult.
Canceling one channel is the best option when you do not want to watch that particular channel anymore. But if you no longer want to use Prime Video, you can cancel the account altogether.