I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Philo
Philo is a live streaming service that allows you to watch over 60 live channels for no more than $25 per month. A lot of individuals end up opting for Philo and ditch their horror cable bill.
The service is also less pricey than Hulu and YouTube TV, making some people cancel YouTube TV in favor of Philo. Despite the benefits of Philo, though, some people are not fully satisfied with it, at least not for an extended period, and they start looking into how to cancel Philo.
If you’ve reached the point where you do not need Philo anymore and want to terminate your subscription, this article will walk you through all the cancellation steps.
How to Cancel Philo
Some people cancel Sling TV, while others decide to cancel Philo. Live streaming services can be amazing, but none of them is perfect. While one may excel in one area and have benefits that another doesn’t have, it may also lack something really important to you.
When it comes to Philo, you can cancel it in different ways, which is great. Therefore, it’s easy to choose a method that is more convenient for you. Philo can be canceled online, through Best Buy, Amazon, iOS, and Roku. Let’s take a look at the steps you have to take with each method.
How to Cancel Philo Online
Philo can be easily canceled online through the service’s website. It can be accessed from any web browser, so all you need is your computer and a stable Internet connection.
To cancel Philo online, you must do the following:
- Go to the Philo website and open the Sign In page.
- Log into your account.
- Then, on the user landing page, click on “Account”.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on “Cancel my account”.
- You will get a pop-up that asks you why you are canceling. Select a reason and then click on “Cancel my account”.
How to Cancel Philo Through Amazon
Some individuals subscribe to Philo through Amazon, so they can also cancel their accounts this way. You may have subscribed on a Fire TV device, in which case you can use the Amazon website to go through your cancellation.
- Go to Amazon’s app store subscriptions website in the web browser of choice.
- Next, go to the “Actions” dropdown list for the Philo service, then click “Turn off auto-renewal”.
- Click “Turn off auto-renewal” to confirm the cancellation.
How to Cancel Philo Through Best Buy
If you subscribed to Philo through Best Buy instead, you will have to use the Best Buy website to terminate your subscription. Fortunately, the process is very easy and you should not have any issues. Here is what you should do:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Best Buy website.
- Sign in to your account if necessary.
- Click on “Cancel subscription”.
- Choose a reason for canceling the subscription.
- Next, choose “Cancel subscription” once again to confirm your cancellation.
At the end of the billing period, your service will end.
How to Cancel Philo on Roku
Some individuals subscribe to Philo using Roku. They can do so through Roku Pay. This means that it is also possible to cancel the Philo subscription using Roku.
Also, if you subscribed using Roku but you did not enter your payment information already or you did not subscribe with Roku Pay, you will not be charged. Thus, your subscription will expire automatically if the time is up.
Here is how to cancel on Roku:
- Using your Roku remote, click the home button.
- Next, highlight the Philo application. Then, on your remote, press the “*” button.
- Choose “Manage subscription”.
- Pick “Cancel subscription”, and to confirm, click “Cancel subscription” once again.
- Then, click “Done”. You can now wait until the end of the billing period for the subscription to end, but it will not be renewed for a new cycle. Therefore, you won’t be charged anymore.
How to Cancel Philo on iOS
Philo also allows people to subscribe to the service using an Apple device such as an iPhone or iPad. Those who are interested in Philo can use the app on their device to subscribe to the streaming service. You can also cancel the subscription using the same app.
- On your Apple device, open the Settings application.
- At the top of the page, tap your name and Apple ID.
- Then, tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Select the “Philo” subscription.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the page.
Although the Apple app allows you to cancel Philo, you should know that Android does now allow you to cancel your Philo subscription using their app.
Alternatives to Philo
Canceling Philo does not mean you can’t watch TV anymore. If Philo did not fulfill your needs, you can always opt for a different service. There are many live streaming services out there, and you just need to find the right one.
Hulu + Live TV is one of them. It has 67 channels and 50 hours of DVR space. It also gives you access to the Hulu on-demand library. The subscriptions start at $54.99 per month.
You can also opt for FuboTV, which is even better. Prices start at $64.99 per month and you have access to up to 196 channels, 500 hours of DVR space, as well as two streams simultaneously.
Another great streaming service is Sling TV. Sling TV is very cheap, as subscriptions start from $30 per month. People can watch 30-50+ channels and also have access to the on-demand library of the service.
How to Cancel Philo FAQ
Even if you found out how to cancel Philo, you may still have some questions with no answer. Here are some commonly asked questions and useful answers:
Is there a prorated refund when you cancel Philo?
There are no prorated refunds when you cancel Philo. After canceling the subscription, you will be allowed to still use the services until the billing cycle ends. No partial monthly subscriptions will be refunded, though.
Does Philo offer a free trial?
Philo offers a free trial for people who want to try out the service. The trial lasts 7 days, and you can sign up using an email address and phone number. To continue the free trial, you will have to enter your payment details, though.
Can Philo Be Paused?
You can pause your Philo subscription for up to 12 weeks if you want. The good news is that you can reactivate at any time, making it very convenient for people who may be traveling and are unable to watch the channels for a while.
- How to Cancel Discovery Plus
- How to Cancel SiriusXM
- How to Cancel HBO Max
- How to Cancel Sling TV
- How to Cancel EA Play
- How to Cancel ESPN Plus
Some people cancel Fubo TV, others cancel Philo. Although Philo is a very good service with a small fee for a subscription, not everyone likes what they get for the monthly payment, and they end up canceling only to move to a different service.
If you are unhappy with Philo, use one of the available cancellation methods to terminate your subscription. This way, you can spend your money on something that actually fulfills your desires.