How to Cancel Dish Network
Posted by Frank Gogol
Updated on June 8, 2022
Canceling some kinds of services can be a difficult and frustrating experience. Cancellation fees can also make the process a financial burden. If you are not sure of the best way to do it, read on to learn how to cancel Dish Network.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel Dish Network
The method for how to cancel Dish Network is by calling the Dish call center. There is no option for canceling your Dish service online or in person.
You will have to speak to a customer retention representative. There is no option to complete the process using the automated phone system.
The customer retention specialist will use a pre-written script to convince you not to cancel by offering various free services or a lower bill. You will only be able to start the actual cancellation process after the customer service representative has run through the whole script.
The instructions listed below will show you how to cancel Dish Network:
- Decide if you are 100% sure about canceling. This will be important as the call center representative runs through the customer retention script. You should know beforehand if you will be willing to change your mind for a good offer.
- Collect your account information (your original agreement, or your latest bill) and note the following:
- account number,
- service address,
- contact number, and
- service start date.
- Also, get a pen and paper. Use this to take note of the name of the representative you speak to, as well as other notes, like the date and time of your call.
- Read the fine print of your agreement if you are canceling your subscription before the end of the contract. You might be able to avoid early termination fees if you can find an example of Dish Network breaching the contract with you.
- Call Dish Network Customer Service on 888-621-2078, 7 days a week between 8:00 AM and midnight Eastern Time.
- Select your desired language (English or Spanish).
- You may have to verify your account by entering your 10-digit account number.
- Follow the prompts to select the option to cancel.
- When you are on with a customer service representative, clearly state your intention to cancel.
- The representative will begin going through their retention script by offering you various incentives not to cancel.
- If you still want to cancel, firmly repeat that you would like to cancel.
- You may need to repeat your intention to cancel several times with several different call center representatives. Try to stay calm and polite, but do not let yourself be bullied into giving up.
- Make sure you ask for and write down the names of everyone you speak to and take notes on your call experience.
- Eventually, they will reach the end of the customer retention script and begin the cancellation process.
- Before you end the call, make sure you confirm all of the details about returning the Dish equipment.
- After that, regularly check your mail for a box from Dish. You will use it to mail your equipment back to them.
- If you do not get a box within 5 or 6 days call Dish Customer Service again. If you do not return the equipment within 10 days of cancellation you may be charged missing equipment fees.
- When you have the box, make sure to follow the packing instructions inside carefully to avoid damage to the equipment in the mail.
- Use the shipping label included inside when you arrange shipping, for example via UPS.
- After you have sent in the equipment, check your Dish account statement and make sure there are no unexpected charges. If there are charges that do not match up with what you were told on the phone, call Dish Customer Service and refer to the notes you took to get an explanation.
How to Cancel Select HBO on Dish Network
Follow the instructions listed below to cancel Select HBO on Dish Network.
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the Dish website.
- Use your username and password to log in to your account.
- Click to open the Packs and Channels tab.
- Click the button labeled Add-on Pack.
- Choose the Select HBO option.
Select HBO will be deactivated a few minutes after you complete this process.
Alternatives to Canceling
If you are not sure whether you want to cancel Dish Network, there are some alternatives you can explore. You can use the customer retention process to your advantage. If you call the customer support line to cancel, they will offer various free services or offer to reduce your bill.
There are several other ways you can lower your Dish Network bill.
- Change your contract: Once your current contract expires, you can switch to month-to-month billing.
- Longer contract: if you do not plan on moving house any time soon, you can call Customer Support and offer to sign a contract for a year or two years in exchange for a discount.
- Loyalty discount: You may be able to negotiate a loyalty discount without a contract, but this is not likely.
- Fees: If you have late fees on your account, you can likely call Customer Service and ask for these to be reduced or canceled.
How Much Does It Cost To Cancel Dish Network Service
The amount you pay in fees after canceling your Dish Network Service depends mainly on two factors:
- Missing equipment fees
- Early termination fees.
You can avoid being charged for unreturned Dish equipment by making sure you return it to the company within the time limit given after you cancel. It is important to get this process done in good time. Dish charges $15 per month for every month that they do not receive the equipment.
Another potential cost of canceling your Dish Network service is the early termination fee. If you have a contract and cancel your Dish Network service before your contract expires, Dish will charge $20 for every month left on your contract.
You should take this into account when deciding whether to cancel. If you still have a lot of time left on your contract, it might be cheaper to get your bill reduced until the contract expires.
It is possible to avoid early cancellation fees if you can demonstrate that Dish already breached the contract with you. For example, this could be by failing to provide adequate service quality or frequent outages. Read the fine print of your contract, because it is quite difficult to prove that.
Dish Network Cancelation Fees
If you do not have a contract, then there is no fee for canceling your access to Dish Network Services. Also, if you have a contract and it has expired, you will not have to pay any cancellation fee.
However, if your contract has not yet expired, you will be charged an early termination fee when you cancel. This fee varies depending on how many months are left on the contract.
Before you decide to cancel, review your account information to understand whether you will face any early cancellation fees.
- How to Cancel Xfinity – Steps to Take
- How to Cancel Geico Insurance
- How to Cancel Progressive Insurance
The process of how to cancel Dish Network can be a frustrating one. You can only cancel by calling the help center. There is no option for online or in-person cancellation. One important thing to make sure of is that you return all the Dish Network equipment to avoid being charged a fee. If you cancel before the end of your contract, there is an early termination fee of $20 per month.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]