How to Cancel Instacart
Posted by Frank Gogol in Save Money | Updated on May 30, 2023
Instacart is a great service that allows people to shop for items from stores in their area without having to physically go to the store. A “personal shopper” will be sent to purchase the products and deliver the order to your house, which is amazing if you do not have the time to go shopping or you have health issues that require you to stay at home.
However, you may not need such services forever, so you may start thinking about how to cancel Instacart, how to cancel Hellofresh, and other similar subscriptions. You can cancel your membership and delete your account using various methods, and this article will tell you about them so you can start your Instacart cancellation.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel an Instacart Express Membership
Instacart Express is a subscription for individuals who need to use the service frequently. It has an annual membership fee, so you do not have to keep paying smaller taxes all the time. What makes it great is that it has no delivery fees, and it also decreases the minimum order amount. So, not only can users get their favorite groceries delivered to them, but they can also save money by ordering regularly.
Maybe you are subscribed to Instacart but you have noticed that you haven’t used it that much lately. This could happen with any similar service, including Chegg. In this case, you start wondering how to cancel Chegg or Instacart.
Instacart allows you to cancel the Express membership whenever you want using two methods. Here is how you can do it:
How to Cancel an Instacart Express Membership in the App
Before you cancel Instacart Express using the application, you should know that this will end your membership in an instant. If you can cancel during the first 15 days of the membership, a refund will be sent to you, especially if you haven’t made any orders during that time. Otherwise, you will be able to get free deliveries until the end of the billing period.
You can cancel Instacart Express in the app by going through the following steps:
- Go to your Instacart app.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots at the top-left side of the screen
- Select “Instacart Express”.
- Scroll down until you find “Cancel membership” and then tap on it.
- Then, tap “Continue to cancel.”
- Pick a reason for your cancellation.
- Lastly, tap on “Cancel”.
How to Cancel an Instacart Express Membership from a Computer
Instacart Express can also be canceled from your computer. Fortunately, the cancellation process on computers is not that different from the phone app.
- Go to Instacart and log into your account.
- Click “Hi, [Your name]” or “Account” in the top-right corner
- Then, click on “Change my plan.”
- Choose “End membership.”
- Click on “Continue to cancel” and your membership will be terminated.
How to Delete Your Instacart Account
You can delete your Instacart account and end the subscription whenever you wish. This is another benefit of the service. There are various options, such as writing the company an email, using the Instacart website, or giving them a call.
Here are all the available methods in detail:
How to Delete an Instacart Account from the Instacart Website
The Instacart account can be easily deleted from the website. If you have an account but did not pay for Instacart Express, you can simply keep the account without having to pay any fee unless you decide to place an order.
Here is how you can delete the account from the website:
- Go to the Instacart website.
- From there, go to the Instacart Help Center page.
- In the Contact Us section, sign in to your account.
- Scroll down until you see My Account and click on it.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Click on “Chat with us”.
This will allow you to connect with a customer support representative so you can close your account with their help.
A refund will be sent to you in the bank account that you linked to Instacart. Then, you can look in your email inbox to see whether your account has been deleted or not. It will take around 72 hours for the account deletion to complete once you told Instacart about your intentions.
Bear in mind that they will ask for information like your account name, phone number, and login email address to delete your account completely.
How to Delete an Instacart Account via the App or a Phone Call
Instacart can also be deleted using the app or a phone call. Via the application, you can cancel using these steps:
- Log into the application.
- Find the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and tap on them.
- Pick Instacart Express.
- Scroll down until you see Cancel membership and tap on it.
- A confirmation notification will be sent to you, so tap on “Continue to cancel”.
If you wish to cancel via a phone call instead, you should just call 1-888-246-7822 to reach out to customer service. Give the company your full name and email address, as well as the phone number for confirmation. After the account detail verification, your subscription will be canceled once the billing cycle ends, and an SMS will be sent to you to let you know that the process is completed.
How to Delete an Instacart Account via Email
You also have the option to delete your Instacart account using your email. All you have to do is send the company an email asking them to delete your account. Here are the steps you’ll go through:
- Go to your registered email account.
- Write an email and add the [email protected] email in the recipient field.
- Write Customer Support: Request to Delete My Account in the subject field.
- Write the email and ask the company to delete your account from the database and delete the information you’ve offered them.
Make sure you do not make the message too long. It will take up to 72 hours for the deletion to be completed. An email will be sent to you for confirmation.
How to Cancel an Instacart Order
If you don’t want an order anymore, you can cancel it as long as the shopper hasn’t started shopping yet. You can do it by going through the following steps:
- Access the Instacart website on the browser.
- Log into your account.
- Click on View Orders.
- Click on View Order Details and find the order you wish to cancel.
- Select Cancel Order.
- Confirm the cancellation.
The process is very similar on mobile. You just have to go to “My orders” on the app and then tap on cancel, and confirm the cancellation.
Problems with Canceling Instacart Orders
Instacart orders can be canceled even after the shopper has started shopping already, but a cancellation fee may apply. You will get a refund, though.
The only way to do it is by contacting customer service and requesting the order’s cancellation.
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Delete Doordash Account
- How to Cancel Curology
- How to Cancel Weight Watchers
- How to Cancel Nutrisystem
- How to Cancel Noom
If you’re thinking about how to cancel Home Chef or Instacart, you should follow the right steps. Instacart can be canceled easily using various methods, so pick the most convenient for you to give up on your subscription.