I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Peloton Subscription
At a Glance
- For Peloton Unlimited, log into your account on the Peloton website or app, go to your profile, select “My Account” and then “Subscription,” choose to cancel, and confirm.
- For Peloton Digital, cancel on Android through Google Play Store or on iOS through device settings.
- On Roku, press * on the Peloton channel, choose “Manage Subscriptions,” and cancel.
- On Fire TV, cancel through Amazon Appstore or website. You can also cancel by calling 1-866-679-9129.
Peloton is one of the most popular applications for people who enjoy fitness and biking. But after a while, you may decide to pause or cancel your Peloton subscription, just like you may want to cancel LA Fitness or cancel 24 Hour Fitness. You might not have time for the subscriptions anymore or you just want to save the money for other expenses.
How to cancel your Peloton subscription, though? Read this post and find out the different methods you can use to terminate your membership with Peloton.
How to Cancel or Pause Peloton Membership
For different reasons, you may decide to pause your subscription or cancel it, whether you opted for a Peloton Unlimited subscription or the Peloton Digital app. You may not want to use the subscription anymore for a while, or you just need a break. You may also wish to change your subscription, depending on the case.
With your Peloton subscription still being active, it would auto-renew every month if you do not cancel it, which will make you pay for something you do not intend to use. That being said, here is how you can cancel your subscription on both platforms:
Canceling Peloton Unlimited Membership
People who can use the Peloton Unlimited Membership are those who have a Peloton bike, bike plus, treat or tread plus. It grants members access to the Peloton Leaderboard – something that digital application members don’t have. Also, those who have this membership have to pay a monthly $39 fee.
The Peloton Unlimited membership can be paused when you do not use it for less than 3 months. If you don’t use it for over 3 months, then you should cancel it.
Here are the steps you will have to follow to cancel this membership:
- Log into the Peloton account.
- Go to your profile. You just have to click the profile picture you see in the top right of the screen.
- Next, go to “My Account” and look for “Subscription”.
- Select “Subscription” and then cancel the subscription.
- Confirm the cancellation, and everything is done.
You can also take advantage of the Peloton official website to cancel the subscription. Here’s how you can do this:
- Access the Peloton official site.
- Log into your account.
- Look for the “Subscription” window and click on it.
- Look at all the membership options, and choose your Peloton membership. There, you will see a cancel option. Click on it.
- Confirm the cancellation.
Even after you cancel the membership, you will still be able to use it until the end of the month. So, you can cancel even if you already paid for another month and still have time left from that month. There’s no need to wait until the subscription ends. This makes things riskier actually, as it may lead to subscription auto-renewal.
Canceling Peloton Unlimited Membership Offline
You may have no access to the Internet – this means you cannot use the online method to cancel your membership. If that’s the case, you should know that it is also possible to cancel it offline.
All you have to do is reach out to Peloton support by calling 1-866-679-9129. When you get in contact with the agent, ask them to cancel your subscription. Be ready to answer some questions about your account. Afterward, they will cancel your membership.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership
People who want to use Peloton can also subscribe to the digital app with multiple gadgets. This is not something you can do with the Peloton unlimited membership. You can subscribe using Fire TV, Web, ROKU, iOS, Android, and call.
Here is how you can cancel the membership on each device:
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership on Android
The following steps will help you cancel your Peloton digital membership on Android devices:
- Take your Android device and open the Google Play Store. Make sure that your account is the same one you use for your Peloton subscription.
- Click on your profile’s icon, and you will see three horizontal lines – this is the menu. Then, click on the menu and select Payment & Subscriptions. From there, you should choose Subscriptions. This will show you a list of your subscriptions to different apps.
- Choose Peloton and then click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Next, click on “Confirm” so you can complete the cancellation.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership on iOS
The process may be slightly different on iOS. Here is how to cancel on iOS devices:
- Go to the settings of the gadget, and click on your gadget name. This will show you the Subscriptions option. Click on it.
- Choose “Peloton”.
- Then, click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Confirm your cancellation.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership on Roku
You’ll go through the following steps when canceling Peloton on ROKU TV:
- Press the “Home” button on the Roku remote. Having a remote will make the entire process easier.
- Take advantage of the directional pad and navigate until you find the Peloton channel. From there, press * on your remote. This opens the channel’s menu option.
- There, choose “Manage Subscriptions” from the menu.
- Pick “Cancel Subscription” next.
- A “Done” window will pop up, and you will have to click on it to complete the process.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership on Fire TV
Fire TV is an amazing service, and you may be subscribed to Peloton through it. You can also use Fire TV to cancel your Peloton membership. Here are the steps you’ll have to go through with the Amazon Appstore:
- Open the Amazon Appstore and go to the menu. Then, choose “Subscriptions”.
- Next, click on the “Peloton subscription” and you will see a “Cancel Subscription” option. Click on it.
- Click “Confirm”.
With a Fire Tablet, the process is the following:
- On the tablet, go to “Apps” and then choose “Store”. This will let you access the menu.
- Pick the “Subscription” option from the menu. Click “Peloton Subscription” next.
- Now, click “Cancel Subscription” and confirm your cancellation.
You can also cancel from the Amazon website using the following steps:
- Access the Amazon website.
- Log in to the Amazon account you use for your Peloton account on Roku.
- Go to “Your Account” in the upper right corner, and choose “Your Android Apps and Devices”.
- Next, click “Your Subscription” and then “Peloton”.
- Click “Cancel Subscription”.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership Online
The process can also be done easily on the Peloton website:
- Go to members.onepeloton.com/preferences/subscriptions and select your membership link.
- Click on “Cancel Membership”.
- Click on the “Subscription” window that pops up, choose your Peloton membership, and click on the cancel option.
Canceling the Peloton Digital Membership Over the Phone
If you cannot cancel your membership online, you can do it offline by calling 1-866-679-9129. Talk to the agent and ask for account cancellation.
Canceling Peloton FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions about Peloton membership cancellation:
Can a Peloton Membership Be Canceled?
A Peloton membership can be canceled. You can do it both online and offline.
When Should I Cancel My Peloton Membership?
The best time to cancel your membership is before the current membership expires, so you prevent it from renewing automatically for another month.
Can I Renew My Peloton Membership After Canceling?
Peloton memberships can always be renewed after cancellation. What’s even better is that no reactivation fees will apply.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I cancel my Peloton subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your Peloton subscription at any time. Peloton offers a month-to-month subscription service, which means there are no long-term contracts or cancellation fees.
How do I cancel my Peloton All-Access Membership?
To cancel your Peloton All-Access Membership:
- Log in to your account on the Peloton website.
- Navigate to ‘Subscriptions’ under your profile.
- Select ‘Peloton Membership’ and click on ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.
How do I cancel my Peloton Digital Membership?
To cancel a Peloton Digital Membership:
- Cancel directly through the Peloton app by going to ‘More’ > ‘My Subscriptions’ > ‘Peloton Membership’ and selecting ‘Cancel.’
- If you subscribed via a third-party platform (e.g., Apple App Store, Google Play), cancel through that platform’s subscription management.
Will I get a refund after canceling my Peloton subscription?
Peloton typically does not offer refunds for partial subscription periods. Your access to Peloton services will continue until the end of your current billing cycle.
Can I pause my Peloton subscription instead of canceling?
Peloton does not offer a pause feature for subscriptions. You would need to cancel and then resubscribe when you’re ready to use the services again.
What happens to my profile and data if I cancel my Peloton subscription?
After canceling your Peloton subscription, your account will become inactive, but your profile and data will be retained. You can access them again if you decide to reactivate your subscription in the future.
Can I still use the Peloton bike or tread without a subscription?
Yes, you can use the Peloton bike or tread without a subscription, but you will be limited to just the basic features and will not have access to live or on-demand classes.
How soon must I cancel before my next billing cycle?
To avoid being charged for the next billing cycle, make sure to cancel your Peloton subscription before the renewal date.
Does canceling Peloton affect my Peloton Plus Membership?
If you have a Peloton Plus Membership, canceling your subscription will also end any additional benefits associated with Peloton Plus.
Can I transfer my Peloton subscription to someone else?
Peloton subscriptions are not transferable. If someone else wants to use Peloton services, they will need to create their own account and subscription.
- How to Cancel an LA Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel 24 Hour Fitness
- How to Cancel a Crunch Membership
Even though Fitness apps like Noom and Peloton are amazing, people may decide to cancel Noom or Peloton at some point. If you want to cancel Peloton, use the steps in this article to make the process smooth.