I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon
Amazon is one of–if not the–most popular online shopping platforms today. However, if you’re still unfamiliar with the platform or aren’t particularly tech-savvy, it can be quite difficult to navigate. This includes doing this like adding or removing payment options, such as credit cards.
Luckily, you can easily remove a credit card from Amazon with just a few clicks.
Interested? This article will tell you how!
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon Online
Many people who use Amazon use their desktop or laptop to access the website. If you’re one of those people, perhaps you’d also like to remove your credit card using this method.
Here’s how to remove a credit card from Amazon Online using your PC or Mac.
- Head over to Amazon by typing amazon.com on your browser.
- Log into your account using your email address and password.
- Go to the “Account and Lists” section. It should be found at the top right corner of the page.
- Click “Your Account” to see all settings about your Amazon account.
- Next, you should see a section called “Ordering and shopping preferences.”
- You’ll find something called “Payment options” in this section. Click it.
- On the “Your credit and debit cards” section, you’ll see a list of all the credit cards that you have saved on your account. Check to see if the credit card you want to delete is here.
- Once you’ve found it, simply select the card and click “remove.”
- A confirmation message will pop up to make sure that you didn’t just mistakenly click this option. Double-check if this is the right credit card to remove and click “Confirm remove.”
- Your chosen credit card will now be removed from your Amazon account.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon on Android
If you have an Android phone and you want to remove your credit card from Amazon using your mobile, you can do so using these instructions:
- Make sure that you have the Amazon app downloaded and installed on your phone.
- Open the app. If you’re not yet logged in, you should do so now.
- Once you’re already logged in, check the Account tab. You should see this one near the bottom of your screen.
- A new page should load, containing an option for “Your Account.”
- Scroll down until you see “Your Payments.”
- You should see more options here. Under “Wallet” you should see the “Manage payment options” button.
- You’ll see a list of all the payment options that you have, such as debit cards and credit cards. Select the credit card that you want to remove.
- Once you’ve selected it, click “Remove.”
- A confirmation message will now pop up to give you time to change your mind or double-check which card you’re removing.
- If you’re sure, click “Confirm.”
- Success! The card is now deleted from your Amazon account.
Do keep in mind that if the card you deleted is the default payment method or your only credit card on the account, you have to set up another card.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon on iOS
If you have an iOS account, such as an iPhone or an iPad, you can also use it to remove your credit card from Amazon.
Here are the steps:
- Just like above, make sure that you have Amazon downloaded and installed on your iOS device.
- Open the Amazon app, which is a white icon with the Amazon logo on it.
- If you aren’t signed in yet, you should sign in now.
- Click the 3-bar kebab icon found on the upper-left corner of your screen. Doing so will open a menu located on the lefthand side of the app.
- The fourth option on the new menu will say “Your Account.” Tap it to proceed.
- You should see new sections here. Under “Amazon Wallet” you should find “Manage Payment Options.” Again, tap it.
- On this screen, you’ll see all the payment methods that you have for your account, including debit and credit cards.
- Look for the credit card that you want to remove.
- Once you find it, tap the “Delete” button. You should see it to the right of the credit card, below its expiration date.
- After tapping “Delete,” a confirmation page will pop up. Again, this is to allow you to double-check if you’re deleting the right card, and that you didn’t just accidentally click it.
- If everything’s good, click the yellow “Confirm” button located at the bottom of the screen. Below is the “Cancel” button in case you did make a mistake.
- Clicking “Confirm” will delete your chosen card.
- If this card is your default payment method or your only one, you need to add a new card to replace it. Simply input your details and click “Update.”
- Lastly, tap “OK.” Again, it’s another yellow button. Once you click this, your payment methods will be updated.
How to Add a Credit Card to Your an Amazon Account
After removing your credit card from your Amazon account, you may want to add a new debit card or credit card to make purchases with.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you should do:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in using your email address and password.
- Look for the Accounts and Lists section.
- You should see the “Accounts” option here. Click it.
- The new list of options should include “Your Payments.” Again, click it.
- Next, click “Cards and accounts.” As the name implies, this is where you should find all the cards and accounts associated with your account.
- There should be a button there saying, “Add a payment method.” Click this button.
- After that, you’ll be asked what payment method to add. Click “Add a credit or debit card.”
- You have to type in the details of your chosen credit card.
- Make sure you type everything correctly. Once you’re done, click on the “Add your card” button.
- A confirmation message will show. Again, double-check if you entered all your credit card information correctly.
- After confirming it, your new credit card will then be added to your Amazon account.
And that’s it. You now have a new payment method added to your Amazon account.
Removing a Credit Card from Amazon: Wrap-Up
Removing a credit card from Amazon isn’t difficult at all.
Regardless of whether you’re doing it from your PC or Mac, your Android device, or your iOS device, you can do it with just a few steps. Similarly, adding a credit card to your Amazon account is also easy. Just make sure that your details are correct so that you can make purchases as soon as possible. Also, always pay your credit card bills on time!