How to Cancel Chegg Subscription
Posted by Frank Gogol in Save Money | Updated on June 20, 2023
Chegg is a great service for people who need any digital and physical textbooks, rentals, online tutoring, and any other similar things. Students who are about to graduate find Chegg especially helpful.
But even if it is useful, you may decide to cancel the subscription at some point, especially once it’s served its purpose and you have no need for it anymore. How to cancel a Chegg subscription, though? Check out this article to learn more.
How to Cancel a Chegg Subscription?
If you’re a subscriber of the service, but you do not need it anymore, canceling it won’t be that difficult. You will not have to pay any fees, and there are no contracts either.
If you feel like you don’t want to pay for Chegg anymore, you have the freedom to cancel it. Here are the different methods you can use for this:
Cancel Chegg Over the Phone
One of the easiest ways to cancel Chegg is over the phone. This is because it’s a quick process and you can communicate with the staff more easily.
In order to cancel over the phone, you can dial @1-855-868-1054. You will speak to a Customer care support service representative. Offer the representative all your information and details that will help successfully cancel the Chegg membership. The process will run smoothly.
Cancel Chegg on iPhone
Canceling Chegg is also possible without having to call customer service. You can simply cancel the subscription on your phone. If you have an iPhone, the steps you have to follow will be a bit different compared to those that you would follow on Android. Here are the steps you will have to go through:
- Open the iTunes application, or open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, click on your name tab. This will let you access your Apple ID account.
- Next, tap on the top of the display screen where your Apple ID is.
- Sign in with your Apple account ID. This will let you open your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on the “View Apple ID” section.
- Look for the “Subscriptions” tab. Once you find it, tap on it.
- Then, tap on Subscription-Manage, and then pick the subscription that you wish to cancel as a “Chegg Study”.
- Now, look for the “Auto-Renewal” button and turn it to “Off”.
- Tap on the Done or Save option.
It is also possible to go to the Apple customer support sheet for any device-specific query for managing subscriptions.
Cancel Chegg through Google Play
If you’ve made your subscription on your mobile phone using Google Play, you can also use it to cancel the subscription.
The first thing you need to do is either go to the Settings on your Android mobile phone and go to the Google Play Account or go directly to play.google.com, which is the Google Play Website.
There, you should choose the “Subscriptions” option. Now, click on the “Chegg” application, and then tap on the “Cancel” button. Next, you only have to confirm the subscription cancellation and click “Cancel”.
How to Cancel a Chegg Free Trial
When you first sign up on Chegg, the service is generous enough to offer a 1-month trial. You can take advantage of it to use whatever Chegg has to offer. This way, you can test the service and see if it meets your expectations.
When the trial is over and you wish to cancel it, you should follow the same steps you would go through when canceling a normal account. Check the same steps described above depending on what device you used to sign up.
However, you should ensure that you cancel your free trial before the end of the billing cycle. Otherwise, you may end up being charged for the next month.
How to Cancel a Chegg Tutor’s Membership
If you have a Chegg tutor membership that you want to cancel, you should know that the procedure is a bit different from the one used to cancel other subscriptions. This is mainly because you’ll have to consider the teaching minutes in sets.
To cancel your Chegg Tutors membership, you should go through the following steps:
- Open your browser of choice and sign in to your Chegg membership account.
- From “My Account”, go to the settings.
- Look for the “Orders” button and click on it.
- Tap on the “Edit Plan” option from your Subscriptions tab. Keep in mind that this option should be next to the “Chegg Tutor” plan.
- Change the Chegg Tutor subscription to the pay-as-you-go option, as it will stop recurring payments.
In case you have a tutoring period that remains unused when you cancel the subscription, you will lose access to the tutoring minutes. Luckily, you can always reach out to Chegg and ask them for a subscription refund in this situation. You can write an email to the Chegg staff requesting a replacement for the minutes you have left, or a payment refund.
How to Cancel Chegg Using Other Apps
One quick and easy way to cancel your Chegg subscription is by using DoNotPay. This app will help you cancel your membership without wasting too much time. Here is how you can cancel your subscription using this app:
- Open the DoNotPay application on your web browser. If you downloaded the app on your phone, you can open the phone version as well.
- Then, search for the “Find Hidden Money” option and click on it.
- Enter the name of the service as “Chegg” in the blank field.
On the email you used to register for the service, you will receive a confirmation email. It will tell you that your cancellation of the Chegg subscription was successful.
Chegg Background Information
Chegg was founded as a solution to the negative impact that the competitive textbook industry had on every student. Therefore, the founders wanted to offer students different valuable resources to help them out. These included tutoring subscriptions, financial aid, and various other educational resources.
So, Chegg became very popular because it was able to help students succeed in their academic journey even if they were on a budget. Their textbook rental service is perhaps the most praised one, as it offers both digital and physical textbooks for affordable prices.
- How to Cancel Uber Pass
- How to Cancel Adobe Subscription
- How to Cancel iCloud Storage
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
Canceling your Chegg subscription is quite simple once you have all the steps at hand. You can cancel Chegg from your browser, iPhone, Android device, or over the phone. However, you can also use apps like DoNotPay to complete the cancellation. Chegg can be canceled whether you had a free trial, or you are already paying for the service.If you decide to cancel your subscription, make sure to follow the steps in this article for successful and effortless cancellation. It’s now time to celebrate finishing life as a student and being able to give up on all the tools that helped you study faster and better. As a graduate, you can now invest your money in other areas.