I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Adobe Subscription
At a Glance
- To cancel your Adobe subscription, log into your account on the Adobe website.
- Click on “Manage plan,” select “Cancel your plan,” provide a reason, and confirm your decision.
- Cancellation is permanent, but reactivation is possible; eligible for a refund if canceled within 14 days of purchase.
- Canceling results in restricted access, reduced cloud storage, and potential loss of files.
Having an Adobe subscription can be great, especially when you consider all the things it can offer. Not only do you have access to a wide selection of programs like Adobe Photoshop, but you can also obtain some great tools that could help you in your projects.
However, you may come to realize that you don’t enjoy these programs that much or that Adobe doesn’t offer everything you need, so you decide to cancel your Adobe subscription. We’re here to help so here is how to cancel an Adobe subscription.
How to Cancel Adobe Subscription
Canceling your Adobe subscription is not difficult. Still, there are a few steps you will have to go through to make sure the cancellation is successful. Here is what you should do:
- Access the Adobe website and log into your account.
- Once you’re logged in, an overview of your subscription will pop up, and it will also show you several options. In order to start the cancellation process, you should click on Manage plan.
- You will see a new window on your screen where Adobe asks you if you wish to change your plan or cancel it. If you wish to cancel your subscription even after looking through the catalog, you should select the Cancel your plan option.
- The next page will show you a question from Adobe on why you’re leaving them. You should tick one of the boxes depending on what your reason for the cancellation is. You can also add a comment if you think it’s necessary. When you’re done, just click Continue.
- When you do this, Adobe will try to get you to change your plan. After all, they want to keep you around and make sure they do not lose you. But if you’re convinced you want to cancel, you should just click “No thanks” to move forward.
- The next part will show you the consequences of canceling the Adobe subscription. In some cases, you will have to pay a fee. How much you pay will depend on whether your subscription was an annual or a monthly one.
- Once again, Adobe will try to make you reconsider your decision. They will try to make you get some of the other products they have to offer. Again, click “No thanks” and keep going.
- Next, there will be a review page highlighting every detail. If you are certain that canceling your Adobe plan is the best thing for you, click Confirm. This will end your subscription.
Considerations Before Canceling Your Adobe Account
There are a few things you should keep in mind before you cancel your Adobe plan.
For instance, when you decide to cancel your subscription, you should know it will be canceled for good. This means you cannot just freeze your account for a while and then return to it when you find it appropriate. It can only be canceled. Luckily, you can reactivate the account later.
You should also know that if you cancel the account more than 14 days after paying for a subscription, you will not be granted a refund. The only advantage is that you can keep using the plan you paid for until the end of the current billing cycle.
Also, when you cancel an Adobe subscription, it does not mean the account will be deleted. There will only be a few downsides to this action. You will have to deal with less storage. So, if you still want to use Adobe after canceling your subscription, perhaps you should think about changing your plan instead.
How to Cancel an Adobe Trial
An Adobe trial can be very useful if you don’t have the budget for a subscription yet but want to try out the service before you commit to making payments. If you test an Adobe plan but you’re not happy with what it has to offer, you can cancel your free trial before you’re charged for the following month.
Here is how you can cancel your Adobe trial:
- Go to https://account.adobe.com/plans and log into your account.
- Now, look for the plan you want to cancel and select “Manage Plan”.
- Click on Cancel your plan. If you do not see this option, it means that they may still be processing your payment or that there was a problem with it. Make sure to check again in 24 hours.
- You will have to select a reason for your cancellation. Pick from the available options and then click Continue.
- Some instructions will appear on your screen to help you complete the cancellation. Follow them to reach the desired outcome.
What Happens When You Cancel an Adobe Subscription?
Canceling your Adobe subscription will restrict your access to features you were once able to use with a paid membership. Once you cancel your Creative Cloud subscription, you will lose access to your creative applications. On top of that, you will lose access to all the services your subscription included.
Your cloud storage will be reduced to only 2 GB after you cancel, and if you are currently over the storage limit, you have 90 days available to reduce the online usage. Once 90 days have passed, you will end up losing access to all the files from the Creative Cloud servers if you did not save them.
When it comes to Lightroom images, Adobe will still store some of them for one year after the end of your membership. You can still open Lightroom in order to download these files from the services during this time, so you should do this if you do not want to lose them. As for Lightroom Classic images, you will be able to access them on your local hard drive through the desktop Lightroom version.
Also, you will be able to organize photos, as well as import and output them through Print, Slideshow, Export, Web or Publish. However, once your membership ends, you will not have access to the Develop & Map modules, nor to Lightroom for mobile.
Cancellation Fee and Refunds
You may be able to get a refund when you cancel an Adobe subscription, but not in every situation. A refund will depend on what type of subscription you had, as well as when you are canceling the plan.
If you make sure to cancel within 14 days of the first purchase, you will be able to get a refund. But when you cancel after the 14 days are over, you are not entitled to a refund.
If you cancel after 14 days, you will be able to use the plan for the remaining time you have from the subscription.
- How to Cancel Uber Pass
- How to Cancel Chegg Subscription
- How to Cancel iCloud Storage
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
The Bottom Line
Canceling your Adobe subscription will end up with you losing access to various programs and services offered by it. However, you may have your reasons for canceling the plan.
If you decide to cancel, follow the steps offered in this article and it should all work out nicely. Bear in mind that a refund will only be granted to you if you cancel within 14 days after paying for the subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I get a refund for my Adobe subscription?
Refunds for Adobe subscriptions are subject to their refund policy. Please refer to Adobe’s official website or contact their customer support for more information.
How can I update my payment information?
To update your payment information for your Adobe subscription, log in to your account and navigate to the payment settings. From there, you can make the necessary updates.
What happens if I cancel my Adobe subscription?
If you cancel your Adobe subscription, your access to the subscription features and services will be discontinued at the end of your billing cycle.
Can I switch my Adobe subscription plan?
Yes, you can switch your Adobe subscription plan. Log in to your account and navigate to the subscription settings to explore different plan options and make the switch.
How can I contact Adobe customer support?
To contact Adobe customer support, visit their official website and look for the support or contact section. There, you will find options to reach out to their support team via phone, email, or live chat.
Is there a trial period for Adobe subscriptions?
Adobe offers trial periods for some of their subscription plans. Visit their official website to check if a trial period is available for the specific plan you are interested in.
Can I use Adobe software offline?
Some Adobe software applications offer offline functionality. Check the specific software’s documentation or contact Adobe support to confirm if offline usage is available.
What if I forget my Adobe account password?
If you forget your Adobe account password, you can initiate a password reset process by clicking on the “Forgot password” link on the login page. Follow the instructions provided to reset your password.
How can I download Adobe software?
To download Adobe software, log in to your Adobe account and navigate to the software downloads section. From there, you can select the desired software and follow the instructions to initiate the download.