How to Cancel YouTube TV
Posted by Frank Gogol
Updated on May 16, 2022
At a Glance: To cancel YouTube TV, log in on the website or app, click your avatar in the top right, click Settings, click Membership, then click Pause or Cancel Membership.
YouTube TV got a lot of love when it first launched, mainly because it was considered one of the best live TV streaming subscriptions ever. Some people only get a YouTube TV free trial in order to be able to watch a particular show that they love, others sign up and use the service for weeks or months.
But whatever the case, you should know that you can always cancel your subscription. So, if you want to learn how to cancel YouTube TV, you’ve come to the right place. This post will tell you everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel YouTube TV
YouTube TV has its own perks, which is why so many users sign up for it. However, not everyone wants to keep their streaming subscription forever. Some decide to do this as a result of the increasing prices, while others simply aren’t interested in using the features anymore.
But not everyone knows how to go through the cancellation process, so they waste a lot of time trying to figure it out. Canceling the subscription will vary depending on the device, so here is how to start the process based on the gadget you’re using:
How to Cancel YouTube TV from the Web
In order to cancel your YouTube TV subscription, you can choose the easiest route: canceling it from the desktop website. You can do this on Mac, Linux, or Windows 10 computers.
So, if you wish to start the cancellation process on your computer, you will have to go to your browser and access the website. Here are all the steps you have to go through to complete the cancellation:
- Open your preferred web browser and then access tv.youtube.com.
- Make sure you are logged into your account. If you are not, log in. You need this if you want to cancel the subscription. The “Sign in” button can be found in the top-right corner of your window. Choose the right Google account and enter your password.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right corner of the page. A drop-down menu will pop up.
- From the menu, click on the Settings button. It should be somewhere at the top of the list.
- Now, select Membership. This can be seen at the top of the left sidebar.
- Click Pause or Cancel Membership. It can be seen right under the icon of YouTube TV.
- Now that you got to this point, simply click Cancel Membership. The pop-up window will offer this option to you. Also, if you want to cancel the membership, you should make sure you don’t click Pause. If you do this, the account will not be canceled, but will rather take a break from charging you, and then it will automatically activate again in 8 weeks.
- Select a reason for your cancellation. You will be able to choose your reason from a list, so you don’t have to write anything yourself.
- After choosing a reason, you will click Continue Canceling. The bottom of the pop-up window will have this option.
- Now, click Cancel Membership. Your subscription is officially terminated after this.
When the process is over, you will be taken back to the Membership Page. If the process was completed successfully, right under the YouTube TV logo you will see the option “Restart membership”.
If you only had a free trial instead, your subscription will be canceled instantly. Therefore, you will lose access to the content on the streaming service. But if you had a paid subscription and you canceled it, you will still be able to use the YouTube TV services until the start of the next billing period.
Bear in mind that after canceling the subscription successfully, you should get a confirmation email from them. Go and check your email to make sure it’s there.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from iOS
If you have an iPhone or iPad and want to cancel your YouTube TV from this device, here are the steps you have to go through:
- On your iOS device, open a web browser and then access tv.youtube.com.
- If you are logged into your account, click on your profile picture.
- Go to Settings.
- Then, go to Membership.
- Select Cancel Membership and confirm your choice.
On iOS devices, the process is basically the same as it would be on a computer.
How to Cancel YouTube TV from Android
Canceling YouTube TV from an Android phone will be a bit different, and this is because you can cancel your subscription using the application. So, if this is how you want to cancel your YouTube TV subscription, here are the steps you will have to go through:
- On your Android phone, open the Youtube TV app.
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t already. If you are using the app for the first time, there will be an “Already a Member?” option. Tap on it and then use your username and password to sign in.
- Now, tap on your profile’s icon. This will be visible in the top-right corner of your screen.
- From the options you see available, tap Settings.
- Next, select Membership.
- Under the YouTube TV logo, you will see the option Pause or Cancel Membership. Select it.
- At the bottom, there will be a Cancel button. You should make sure you click this and not Pause Membership, because the latter would only pause your membership for a few weeks and then resume charging you for the services.
- Choose a reason for canceling your account.
- Then, tap Continue Canceling. You will not need to answer any text in order to be able to proceed.
- When you get to the next screen, choose Cancel Membership.
Can You Pause Your YouTube TV Subscription?
Canceling your subscription is not the only option you have available. When you attempt to cancel your subscription for good, you will also stumble upon the option to pause it instead.
Pausing your subscription will allow you to take a break from being charged for the features offered, and after a while, your subscription will be reactivated. You can also manually resume your subscription within that time.
The coolest thing is that you don’t have to worry about being charged any more, and your current library recordings will still be saved. You should just know that your other accounts connected to YouTube TV will also be paused, though. Once you resume the service, you will be able to get full access back.
- How to Cancel Discovery Plus
- How to Cancel SiriusXM
- How to Cancel HBO Max
- How to Cancel Sling TV
- How to Cancel EA Play
- How to Cancel ESPN Plus
Canceling YouTube TV is not difficult, but the process you perform on a web browser is slightly different compared to an iPhone or iPad, so you must know what to do. If you follow the right steps, your subscription will be successfully canceled.
On the other hand, if you want a break from the subscription but don’t want to cancel it completely, you can simply pause it and return to it later.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]