I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Paramount+
Paramount+ is a great streaming service that used to be known as CBS All Access. It’s one of the services that is slowly gaining more traction, causing people to ditch their cable providers and opt for their TV shows of choice from the streaming platform.
Paramount+ offers more than 2,500 episodes as well as over 30,000 TV episodes. At the same time, it is not the largest service, as others have more to offer and therefore, they get more subscribers. If you’ve subscribed to Paramount+ and you’re not happy with its selection, you can cancel it, even if it only costs $5.99 per month. But how to cancel Paramount+?
There are different ways to do it. People have to cancel their subscriptions using the same method they used when subscribing. That being said, if you subscribed using a mobile phone, the official website, or an Apple TV, you have to use one of these to cancel your subscription. This article will teach you what you should do in each situation.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on the Web
Canceling the Paramount+ subscription on the official website is perhaps one of the easiest ways to do it. Of course, you can use this method if you subscribed using the official website from the get-go. Here is how you can do it:
- Open your browser and access the Paramount Plus website.
- Now, sign in to your account using your credentials.
- When you’re signed into it, check the page for the Account tab. You should see it in the top right corner of the page.
- From there, click Account.
- Now, scroll down until you see a section named “Subscription & Billing”.
- Click the Cancel Subscription button from the end of the section.
- Choose one reason why you’re canceling.
- In the end, click on Complete Cancellation.
Bear in mind that once you click on Cancel Subscription, you may get an offer in order to extend the Paramount Plus subscription with an extra month for free. After all, Paramount+ wants to keep you subscribed, so they would definitely attempt to convince you to stay. You can click on the offer if you want to take advantage of it, but if you’re not interested, you should just click Continue Cancellation.
Many people look at Paramount+ as the “Star Trek network”, and this is because it offers access to all the Star Trek shows. So, you can either watch Star Trek series from a long time ago or opt for newer shows like Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Lower Decks, Star Trek: Short Treks and many others.
But if this is not enough to keep you close or if there is no show that attracts you that much at the moment, you should just go on with the cancellation. There are different other services that may suit your needs best.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on iOS
Canceling a Paramount+ account can also be done on iOS. This applies if you signed up for the subscription using an iPad or an iPhone in the first place. Here are the steps you will have to go through to make this possible:
- Open your iPad or iPhone.
- Go to the Settings App.
- Now, click on your name.
- Click Subscriptions.
- Once you find Paramount+, tap it and then select Cancel Subscription. This will complete the cancellation.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on Apple TV
When you have an Apple TV, you can also use it to cancel Paramount+. Of course, the instructions will be different, so it is essential to know what you should do. It applies whether you are using a 4th generation TV or a later version. These are the steps that will help you cancel the subscription on Apple TV:
- From your Apple TV, go to Settings.
- There, select Users & Accounts. Now, pick an account of yours that is relevant.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Now, select Cancel Subscription for Paramount+. This will complete the cancellation process.
Also, if you signed up to Paramount+ through Apple TV channels, you will have to take a different course of action. You’ll have to get in contact with the tech support from Apple and they will help you. So, make sure to contact them if you’re in this situation.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on Roku
When you sign up to Paramount+ using services like Roku, Amazon Prime Video channels, or others, there are some different steps to take. More specifically, you will have to go to their official websites to terminate the subscription. Here is what you can do if you subscribed through Roku:
- Open your Roku device and go to the home screen.
- From there, pick the Paramount+ channel.
- Now, take the Roku remote and press the star key on it.
- Choose Manage Subscriptions.
- Now, just select Cancel Subscription.
If you are still having a hard time canceling your subscription through Roku, you should just reach out to the provider and ask for help. They may take you through the steps that will reach the desired result.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on Android
If you signed up for Paramount+ using an Android app, you can also use it to cancel the subscription. Here are the steps you will have to take:
- Take your Android device.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Now, tap Menu, and from there, tap Subscriptions.
- From the list of subscriptions, choose Paramount+.
- Next, tap Cancel Subscription and then confirm the cancellation.
How to Cancel Paramount+ on Fire TV
Perhaps you are using the Fire TV ecosystem offered by Amazon, and you used it in order to subscribe to Paramount+. If that is the case, you can also use it to cancel your subscription. Here are the instructions you need:
- Go to Amazon and then go to the Memberships and Subscriptions page.
- Now, pick Manage Subscriptions.
- Next, select Manage Your Prime Video Channels.
- Look for Paramount+, and when you find it, click Cancel Subscription.
Bear in mind that if you subscribed through Prime Video, you will have to use the Amazon Contact Us page as ViacomCBS advises it.
- How to Cancel Discovery Plus
- How to Cancel SiriusXM
- How to Cancel HBO Max
- How to Cancel Sling TV
- How to Cancel EA Play
- How to Cancel ESPN Plus
The Bottom Line
You can cancel Paramount+ by using various methods, depending on how you subscribed to the service in the beginning. Paramount Plus only costs $5.99 every month, so it is quite a convenient platform for many people, but it isn’t the best and doesn’t have as many shows and perks as other services.
It just isn’t for everyone, so it is not unusual for people to cancel it. Ending your subscription is very easy, no matter how you signed up. So, if you want to cancel, use the steps in this article and everything will go smoothly.
Once you cancel the subscription, you can look towards other streaming services that have the TV shows that you love or have better offers that are worth your money and time.