How to Cancel HBO Max
Posted by Frank Gogol in Save Money | Updated on August 26, 2022
At a Glance: The easiest way to cancel HBO Max is on the website. To cancel HBO Max on the website, click your name in the top right corner, click Subscription, click Manage Subscription, then click Cancel Subscription. Read on to learn how to cancel HBO Max on your mobile app, through Hulu, or through your cable provider.
HBO Max is one of people’s favorite streaming services as it gives them access to different HBO series, such as Starstruck and Made for Love. The service is a paid one – therefore, to use it, you will have to pay $14.99 every single month.
The price is not that high considering everything you get: you can watch lots of movies and series and even see newer movies that are not streamed anywhere else. At the same time, you may find the price to be too high in the long-term or you might not find the subscription interesting any longer, so you decide to cancel it.
To make matters easier for you, read on to learn how to cancel HBO Max. All the necessary steps will be presented in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel HBO Max on the Web
One of the easiest ways to cancel an HBO Max subscription is by accessing the HBO Max website from your computer or laptop. Usually, your subscription renews by itself every month, and the price for that is $14.99. It has the same subscription rate as the older HBO Now. With this subscription, up to five people can use the service at the same time, and they can have their own user profiles.
It all sounds great – a deal that you never want to get rid of. But if you still decide to cancel your HBO Max subscription for any reason, you can easily do it from your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, or Android device. The subscription can be canceled by following these steps:
- Go to the HBO Max website and log into your account.
- Once you’re logged in, you should click your name from the top right corner of the screen.
- A menu will open, and from that list, you should select “Subscription”.
- From the left part of the screen, select the “Manage Subscription” button.
- There will be a new window opening. Here, you should click “Cancel Subscription” from the right-hand side of the page.
- Pick a cancellation reason. You can choose any of them as it doesn’t matter why you want to cancel.
- After selecting a reason, click “Yes, Cancel Subscription.”
- Now, check the confirmation page that has the expiration date of the subscription. It will also give you the chance to resume the subscription if you want to.
Bear in mind that if you want to cancel, you should keep the billing cycle in mind. Your subscription will renew automatically every single month. The first charge will happen after the free trial that lasts seven days.
It is essential to cancel before the billing date if you don’t want to be charged. If you cancel one or two days before the billing date, you will not be charged for the next month, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Also, if you cancel sooner than one or two days before the billing date, such as mid-month, you will be able to keep watching shows until the next billing cycle. Considering you already paid for that month, you will not lose your streaming privileges until the billing date.
How to Cancel HBO Max on iOS and Android
If you don’t have access to a laptop or computer at the moment, you can also cancel your HBO Max subscription on your Android or iOS phone, or on an iPad. No matter which of these devices you can use, all you need is the HBO Max app and you can easily terminate the subscription. Here are the steps you will go through:
- Take your device and open the HBO Max app. Then, assuming that you are already signed into your account, you should tap the “Profile” icon. It should be easy to see on the home screen, at the bottom-right of the screen. Then, you should tap the “Settings” icon. It is gear-shaped and can be found on the upper-left of the screen.
- Now, from the next screen that appears, you should tap “Billing Information”. One of two options will show up from here, and it depends on the service provider that you have your subscription through.
- In case you see the “Manage Subscription” option on the screen, you should tap that, and from the very last screen you get afterward, you should tap “Cancel Subscription”. But if all you see is “Learn More” and no “Manage Subscription” option, you should go to the 4th step.
- When you see the Learn More option, you should tap it. It will then show you a list of HBO Max service providers. Find your subscription provider and then follow the steps listed here to cancel the subscription.
Don’t rely on deleting the HBO Max alone. When all you do is delete the application, you are not canceling your subscription simultaneously. The subscription will still be going, so you have to go through with the cancellation process if you do not want to be charged anymore.
How to Cancel HBO Max Through Hulu
If you want, you can get a bundle of HBO Max and Hulu, enjoying more advantages. The prices are basically the same, which is great. But when you eventually decide to cancel your HBO Max subscription, the process is a bit different. The following steps will help you cancel your HBO Max subscription through Hulu:
- Go to hulu.com/account. Make sure to sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- From your account, look under the “Your Subscription” section and then click on “Manage Plan”.
- Search for the HBO Max option, then toggle the checkmark to an X. Next, click “Review Changes”. Your HBO Max account is canceled afterward.
How to Cancel HBO Max Through a Cable Provider
You can also cancel your HBO Max subscription through the cable provider as well. If you want to choose this method, here is how you can cancel HBO Max:
- Access the HBO Max website and log into your account.
- Click your account name. You should see it in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, click “Subscription”.
- Look for the name of your subscription provider.
- Then, either log into the website of the subscription provider or call them to cancel your account.
Your HBO Max account can be tied to a particular HBO subscription that you pay for through the satellite or cable provider. So, you may have to cancel HBO too in order to cancel your HBO Max subscription.
- How to Cancel Discovery Plus
- How to Cancel SiriusXM
- How to Cancel Sling TV
- How to Cancel EA Play
- How to Cancel ESPN Plus
Canceling your HBO Max subscription is not difficult, but you must know the right process depending on what device you are using to initiate the cancellation. Canceling on the web versus your mobile phone application or through Hulu and the cable provider will be different.
Make sure that you are canceling the subscription properly and you’re not just deleting the app. If you do not want to be charged anymore, go through the process before the next billing cycle. We hope this article was helpful in presenting you with the steps for canceling your account.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]