I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Audible: 4 Ways
Audible, an Amazon service, offers a wide range of audio content including audiobooks, magazines, and more, ideal for multitasking or leisure listening. However, if you decide to end your subscription, there are several methods to cancel your Audible membership easily. This guide will walk you through the different options available for cancellation.
How to Cancel Audible
Canceling an Audible membership can be done through various methods, depending on your preferences and access. Here are the different ways to cancel your Audible subscription:
- Online through Audible
- Online through Amazon
- Through Audible Customer Service
- Using Amazon Alexa
Below, we’ll dig into the specifics of each method.
1. Cancel Audible Through the Audible Website
To cancel your audible account through the Audible website, follow these steps:
- Log into your Audible account on the Audible website.
- Go to the “Account Details” section under your account menu.
- Click on “Membership details”.
- Find the option to cancel your membership and follow the prompts.
2. Cancel Audible Through the Amazon Website
To cancel your audible account through the Amazon website, follow these steps:
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Navigate to the “Memberships and Subscriptions” section.
- Find Audible and select the option to cancel your subscription.
3. Cancel Audible With Audible Customer Service
You can contact Audible’s customer service via phone at Call 1 (888) 283-5051, by email at [email protected], or live chat on the Audible website. Once you’ve connected with Audible’s customer service:
- Request the cancellation of your membership.
The customer service representative will guide you through the process or handle it on their behalf.
4. Cancel Audible Through Amazon Alexa
If you have an Alexa-enabled device, you can ask Alexa to cancel your Audible subscription. However, this may redirect you to customer service or the Audible website for finalization.
Can You Cancel Audible Through the Audible App?
While the Audible app does not directly offer a cancellation feature, it often provides information or redirects you to the website for membership changes. You can use the app to navigate to the Audible website where you can follow the cancellation process.
Considerations Before Cancelling Audible
Before proceeding with the cancellation of your Audible membership, it’s crucial to consider certain aspects to ensure you’re making an informed decision:
- Access to Purchased Audiobooks: Good news – any audiobooks you’ve already purchased, whether with your monthly membership credits or through direct payment, remain accessible to you. You can continue to enjoy these audiobooks using the Audible app or website even after your membership ends.
- Redeem Unused Credits: Check for any unused credits in your account. It’s important to use these credits to purchase audiobooks before cancelling, as you’ll forfeit any remaining credits once your membership is terminated.
- Returning Audiobooks: As an Audible member, you have the privilege to return audiobooks under certain conditions. If there are audiobooks you no longer need or want, consider returning them while your membership is still active to possibly receive a refund or credit.
By taking these factors into account, you can ensure that you fully benefit from your Audible membership up until its cancellation and avoid any unforeseen losses.
- How to Cancel Discovery Plus
- How to Cancel SiriusXM
- How to Cancel HBO Max
- How to Cancel Sling TV
- How to Cancel EA Play
- How to Cancel ESPN Plus
Learning how to cancel your Audible account is not difficult. Now that you’ve read this post, you should know what steps to take. Make sure to use the credits you have left in your account before the cancelation, though.
Audible Cancellation FAQ
1. How do I cancel my Audible membership?
To cancel your Audible membership, log in to your account on the Audible website, navigate to the “Account Details” section, and click on “Membership details.” Here, you will find the option to cancel your subscription. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the cancellation process.
2. Can I cancel Audible through the app?
The Audible app itself does not offer a direct cancellation feature. However, it can redirect you to the Audible website, where you can follow the steps to cancel your membership.
3. Will I lose my audiobooks if I cancel my Audible subscription?
No, you will not lose any audiobooks you’ve already purchased with your Audible account. These remain accessible to you through the Audible app or website even after cancellation.
4. What happens to my unused Audible credits when I cancel?
Any unused credits in your account will be lost upon cancellation. It’s advisable to use all your credits to purchase audiobooks before cancelling your membership.
5. Can I cancel Audible and get a refund?
Audible does not typically offer refunds upon cancellation of a membership. However, you can return individual audiobooks depending on their return policy, which may result in a refund or credit as long as your membership is active.
6. Is it possible to pause my Audible membership instead of cancelling?
Yes, Audible offers the option to pause your membership for a period of time. You can do this by contacting their customer service for assistance.
7. How do I contact Audible customer service for cancellation?
You can contact Audible’s customer service via phone, email, or live chat for assistance with cancellation. They can guide you through the process or handle the cancellation on your behalf.
8. What happens after I cancel my Audible membership?
After cancellation, you’ll lose access to member benefits such as monthly credits and member-exclusive sales. However, you’ll retain access to all audiobooks you’ve already purchased.
9. Can I rejoin Audible after cancelling?
Yes, you can rejoin Audible anytime after cancellation. Simply sign in to your account and choose a new membership plan to reactivate your subscription.