I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
Every Single Crypto.com Fee
Crypto.com is one of the most widely used cryptocurrency trading platforms in the world. The platform’s goal is to incorporate cryptos into your daily life through amazing features meant to keep your cryptocurrencies safe, but also encourage your trading activity. It is a unique platform and it has a large audience because of it, despite the overwhelming interface and the complaints regarding customer service.
While you may already know about the benefits offered by Crypto.com such as high safety and security, multiple cryptos, and multiple ways to earn rewards, rebates, and interest, you might not know a lot about the Crypto.com fees. That being said, this post is meant to answer any questions regarding the fees of the platform. Let’s get started!
Does Crypto.com Have Fees and Limits?
Crypto.com wants to be different from other crypto exchange platforms and wallets. In this regard, it aims to stay away from fees as much as it can. Not to mention that it also wants to offer some of the lowest fees in situations when fees cannot be avoided.
So, Crypto.com does have some fees and limits, and how much you will pay in fees depends on what type of trading you engage with and what services you are using.
There are no fees when making deposits, for instance, but there may be withdrawal fees. Trading fees are usually charged on all transactions until the fulfillment of the order, and fee discounts may be offered in the CRO rebate form. Crypto.com has a maker fee of 0.04-0.20%, and taker fees of 0.10-0.20%.
Fees for Crypto Trading
Crypto can be purchased on the app directly if you have a credit or debit card. However, it is usually more cost-effective to first make fiat deposits, and only then purchase crypto on the app through that fiat currency.
Buying with a credit or a debit card will have a 2.99% fee, and if you exchange crypto within your account, the transaction will be free. SWIFT deposits and withdrawals will have varying bank transfer fees, and ACH and SEPA deposits and withdrawals are usually free. If you use PayPal and TransferWise, you will have to handle the fees they impose.
Also, you can make multiple deposits with Crypto.com Earn if the total amount isn’t higher than the maximum limits. Limits and returns usually vary based on the crypto you are depositing. This applies no matter if you pick a flexible or fixed-term deposit, or if you are staking CRO.
The minimum deposits you can make depend on the cryptocurrency. Usually, they sit around an equivalent of $200. Then, the maximum deposits will depend on the CRO you staked, and they start at $500,000 and cap at about $2 million. It is important to know that when you deposit CRO into an Earn account, it will not be taken into consideration for CRO staking.
Crypto.com Fees Explained
Crypto.com has specific fee structures, and if you want to start trading crypto on the platform, you need to familiarize yourself with them. Here are some of the fees that you get on Crypto.com:
- 0.04% to 0.10% maker fee – This maker fee depends on the trading volume you had during the last 30 days. This fee is placed when you buy or sell orders that are not immediately fulfilled, usually because you make a limit order.
- 0.10% to 0.16% taker fee per order – The taker fee per order also depends on the trading volume you had during the last 30 days. These fees are charged when an order is filled immediately. If you are staking CRO, it could also go down to zero. It’s important to check the fees table of the platform.
- 2.99% to 3.99% credit or debit card processing fee for the mobile app – Depending on where you live, this processing fee will apply for the mobile app when you make credit or debit card transactions. It is important to know that the fee is charged whenever you use a credit or a debit card to buy crypto. At the moment, though, Crypto.com offers 30 days of zero free trading for new users.
- 0% – 0.025% maker fee on derivatives
- 0.015% – 0.04% taker fee on derivatives
- Wallet Withdrawal Fees – Wallet withdrawal fees apply too, but it all depends on what coin you wish to withdraw.
- Network Fees for DeFi Wallet Transactions – When you make transactions with the DeFi wallet, network fees will apply. The fees will not be paid to Crypto.com, but to blockchain miners instead.
- Visa Card Withdrawal Fees – Fees for visa card withdrawals will be charged too, but it all depends on the card tier that you have.
Crypto.com wants to encourage all traders to trade more, and for that, they have several user incentives. These incentives help people to make more trades.
One of these incentives is the fact that the fee schedule is tiered depending on your trading frequency. So, when you make more trades, you pay less. But that is not the only incentive. Here are some other incentives Crypto.com offers:
- 20% to 100% rebate – This incentive applies to margin rates and trading fees when you pay or stake the fees with CRO.
- 2% deposit bonus on crypto deposits – When you make any cryptocurrency deposits, there will be a 2% deposit bonus paid in CRO.
- Up to 10% per annum interest – This interest is paid on a daily basis, more specifically when you stake CRO for 6 months.
- 50% discount on coins – The discount applies during Syndicate events when you can meet particular requirements related to participation.
- Daily interest for crypto holdings – If you have crypto in your exchange account, you will manage to earn daily interest. This is called “soft staking”. This is different from regular stacking, as there isn’t any lock. All you have to do is keep the balance in your account, and you will earn the interest.
Other Considerations Related to Fees
Before you start trading crypto on Crypto.com, there are a few things you should consider.
You will be charged trading fees for every transaction until the fulfillment of your order. Then, when you get trading fee discounts, they will come in CRO rebate form. If you want to receive the CRO rebates, you have to stake CRO on the platform’s exchange and then pay the fees using CRO.
The amount of rebate will be determined based on the trading fees you paid using CRO and the amount of CRO you staked the day before. Every single day at 00:50:00 (UTC), there will be an evaluation of your trading volume over the previous 30 days in the current CRO staking balance, USD, and the fees you paid in CRO.
Usually, it takes about 1 hour for the calculations and payouts to be completed.
- How to Make Money with Cryptocurrency
- How to Withdraw from Binance
- How to Transfer From Coinbase to Coinbase Pro
- How to Transfer from Coinbase to Binance
- How Does Cryptocurrency Gain Value?
- How to Read Crypto Charts
Crypto.com’s fees are unique, and the best thing is that the platform is doing its best to keep them at a minimum. Even when fees apply, they are typically low, making the exchange more convenient compared to other platforms.
If you are planning on using Crypto.com, you must be aware of all the trading fees, so you know what to expect during the transactions. Hopefully, this post was helpful.