Harrisburg University Review for Day 1 CPT
Posted by Rohit Mittal
Updated on April 27, 2022
Table of Contents
Harrisburg University Overview:
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is a private institution in the United States of America that was founded in 2001. It is located in the heart of downtown Harrisburg, the thriving capital of Pennsylvania. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 387, and the setting is Urban.
(Source: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/harrisburg-university-of-science-and-technology-39483 )
It is one of the most popular universities among international students in the U.S. It is known for outstanding science and technology-focused degree programs and offers lowest tuitions for a private university education in Pennsylvania, backing that up by great scholarships and other financial aid.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities North, Tier 2- #146-#187 in Regional Universities (North). Its tuition and fees are $23,900 (2017-18).
At Harrisburg, every major requires an internship. So, you get real-world experience along with your education in the U.S., which is greatly valued by employers. U.S. News & World Report ranked HU #3 for colleges with the highest internship rates.
It offers both undergraduate and graduate science and technology education programs to international students. Their USP- accessibility, flexibility, affordability, and a rich blend of deep, specialized knowledge in the field of science and technology.
It is one of the major universities on the east coast that offers day 1 CPT for international students.
For Visa Holders
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS-USICE), approves Harrisburg University as an institution eligible for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
This approval allows an international student to apply for entry into the United States for studies on an F-1 visa only after an “Affidavit of Financial Support” is deemed sufficient by the university (you will need to show funds for the first year of university fees) and a tuition deposit payment of at least $1,000 toward the first semester’s tuition has been received. A USICE Form I-20 is then certified and submitted to SEVIS. The SEVIS application fee of $200 is then paid by the student directly to SEVIS.
(Source: http://harrisburgu.edu/international-students/ )
for international students planning to study at the Harrisburg University with a student (F-1) visa in the U.S.-
- Provide a copy of the passport, I-20 Certificate of Eligibility, and the Form I-94 departure record to confirm all identification information in SEVIS.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language- Submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or a personal interview.
- Provide an affidavit of financial support.
- Provide academic records- courses studied, grades earned, diplomas, certificates, and results of comprehensive national examinations.
F-1 Visa Holder Document Checklist
- HU Application.
- Goal Statement- A 200+ words statement about future educational goals and/or objectives and their relationships to pursuing graduate work at Harrisburg University.
- Degree Certificates & Transcripts, evaluated by one of the Harrisburg University approved international credentialing services, such as WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators).
- Two Letters of Recommendation from current or former employers or professors.
- Professional Resume.
- Proof of English Proficiency- TOEFL score of 80 IBT, IELTS score of 6.0 or demonstrated proficiency by academic proficiency, personal character, competence and effectiveness in professional work.
- Copy of Passport, a copy of Visa, I94 and current I20.
- Bank statement of $26,500 USD & affidavit of support if applicable.
Curricular Practical Training- CPT at Harrisburg University
Curricular Practical Training- CPT is a practical training option for international students studying in the United States of America on an F-1 visa. An F-1 student may be authorized by the DSO to participate in a CPT program, which is an integral part of the established curriculum.
CPT is available to the eligible student only prior to the completion of the graduate degree program and the student must have a job offer at the time of application.
At Harrisburg University, a student must be enrolled full-time during CPT. A student enrolled on an F-1 visa using CPT eligibility may not register for more than one online course each semester.
The Master of Science degree programs permits a student to begin CPT in the first semester of study for those students who are deemed eligible to do so, as determined by the SEVIS Primary Designated School Official at the time of enrollment. A student’s CPT internship experience or employment must relate to the student’s program of study and may be part-time (20 or less hours per week) or full-time (21 to 40 hours per week).
A first-time student at the Master degree level may participate in 12 months of (full-time) CPT during the program of study. Upon completion, the student is then eligible to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) for an initial period of 12 months and a 17-month extension of OPT for the STEM-approved programs offered by the University.
A student who has previously completed Optional Practical Training (OPT) at the Master degree level is permitted to complete up to 24 months of CPT during the program of study.
(Source: http://harrisburgu.edu/curricular-practical-training-cpt-at-hu/ )
CPT Document Checklist
- A completed Curricular Practical Training Verification Form signed by an employer.
- A copy of the training or employment offer letter.
- 65 Questions to Prepare for the F1 Visa Interview
- The Top 100 Best Physical Therapy Schools in the U.S.
- Top 10 Biggest Colleges in the U.S.
- F1 to Green Card: Everything You Need to Know
- Top 100 US Universities in Computer Science
- Top 15 Universities in the U.S. with Day 1 CPT
Harrisburg University has lots to offer to international students, real-world experiences, academic choices that let you tailor your studies to your own interests and goals, scholarships that reward your high school GPA, a diverse campus, and engaging faculty.
It is also easy on the pocket, as even though an international student does not qualify for Federal and State financial aid, but he may be considered for institutional aid awards or private education loans through participating lenders. At Harrisburg, 93 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $17,269.
Hence, it’s a good choice for international students looking to study in the field of Science and Technology in the United State of America.
For more information about how to facilitate education in the United States of America, visit Stilt Inc.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]