Stilt Blog - Page 179 of 181 - Financial Services for International Students and Immigrants

If you are in the United States on a H4 visa, you will be aware that you are not entitled to an SSN, Social Security Number. However, in order to file your taxes, you do need a unique identification number. This is called an ITIN, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Applying for your ITIN can be […]

So — you’re applying for an H1B visa and want to know what your chances are of getting one. Aside from following the procedure perfectly and getting in all of the required documents ahead of time, there is still a word that might scare some of you: Cap. Before you freak out over the one […]

You have to make some serious life decisions and you want to make sure you make the right one. Although we can not tell you exactly what you should do, we can give you some guidance as you weigh the pros and cons in your decision making process. In this case, we will be debating […]

If you are a student in the USA on an F1 visa, you are probably unsure of your visa’s conditions and your rights to work. You are probably keen to get to work and wondering about about things like whether you are allowed to work on or off campus and if you can work once […]

Every year, thousands of students decide to do a semester abroad in the United States. The more extreme die-hard US university fans find themselves dedicating their whole degree in the United States with an F1 visa. Some students on the F1 visa might not know this, but the F1 visa allows international students to do […]

Every year, thousands of international students come to the United States to do an exchange semester or their studies abroad. Because of the high cost of education, many choose to work while studying to afford their studies. Sometimes, students choose to work for non-economic reasons- getting an on-campus job at an institute or department you […]

Congratulations! You are officially a doctor now that you have finished medical school. But, to be a practicing doctor you need training in the form of medical residency. Medical residency is different from medical school, it is first hand training on the job. Here is a step by step guide to starting and understanding your […]

You might be considering if you should study an MS or MBA in the US to increase your chances of attaining employment and getting sponsored by a company in the US. However, whether you fall under the Advanced Degree cap or Regular cap for an H1B visa, there is still an element of luck in […]

For many people, making the decision to get an H1B visa and work in the U.S.A. is an easy one, however, finding sponsorship and making the move is not quite as easy. These can be daunting tasks, particularly if you are thousands of miles away. It’s hard to know where to look so we’ve written […]