Stilt Blog - Page 102 of 104 - Financial Services for International Students and Immigrants

Congratulations! You are officially a doctor now that you have finished medical school. But, to be a practicing doctor you need training in the form of medical residency. Medical residency is different from medical school, it is first hand training on the job. Here is a step by step guide to starting and understanding your […]

You might be considering if you should study an MS or MBA in the US to increase your chances of attaining employment and getting sponsored by a company in the US. However, whether you fall under the Advanced Degree cap or Regular cap for an H1B visa, there is still an element of luck in […]

For many people, making the decision to get an H1B visa and work in the U.S.A. is an easy one, however, finding sponsorship and making the move is not quite as easy. These can be daunting tasks, particularly if you are thousands of miles away. It’s hard to know where to look so we’ve written […]

If you’re one of the many people who is changing from an L1 visa to an H1B visa, you’re probably wondering what procedures, rules, and regulations you need to follow to ensure your Change of Status is as smooth as possible. There are many things to take into consideration; can you continue working for your […]

If you are an Indian person living and working on a visa in the United States for a number of years, you may need to have your passport renewed while you are here. This can be a worrying time because your passport is your key to getting home in the case of an emergency and […]

One of the biggest obstacles H1B applicants face in obtaining a visa is the H1B lottery. While candidates for the H1B visa are judged based on their credentials, education, and professional experience, every applicant is on even footing in the lottery. The lottery draws from the pool of approved H1B applications randomly, with a general […]

If you are an international student studying in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, you might be considering working in the U.S. on a more permanent basis. To accomplish this, you can change your visa status from an F-1 visa to an H-1B visa. This might be a jump since an H-1B worker is considered […]

If you are thinking about immigrating with your family, you will all need to be in possession of a valid passport, even newborn babies. Most people do not even consider getting passports for newborn babies so you might not be aware of how to go about applying for one. This is a much easier process […]

You have your Bachelor’s degree done, you have your Master’s degree done and now you are planning to do your PhD in the United States? So how does a PhD degree work in the US? Can you apply directly after your Bachelor’s or do you need to have a Master’s degree? Can you transfer credits […]