Stilt Blog - Page 100 of 104 - Financial Services for International Students and Immigrants

This article was written for OPT students that want to get a refund on their FICA taxes. Keep reading to learn how to get some extra money back after a year of hard work! What is FICA? FICA is the abbreviation of the Federal Insurance Contribution Act. The FICA tax is a United States federal […]

Having a good credit score is almost a necessity in the United States today. You might think you can avoid it for some time, but be assured, a bad or nonexistent credit score will severely inhibit you at some point in your life. This rule applies to everyone living in the United States: immigrants, international […]

If you decide to study abroad in the United States, you will be hit with some us student visa interview questions we recommend you be prepared for in your interview. There is a long way to go to get your F1 visa and we want to explain the part of the process that puts some […]

Now that you are in the US, have you ever thought of working at a consultancy or at least getting a job from a consultancy. You could consider contacting them and then getting a job through them? If you have, I am guessing you know what we are talking about when it comes to consulting […]

If you are planning to study in the United States, but don’t know which visa you need or which visa is better to use abroad, then you have come to the right place! We are going to explain the differences between studying on an H4 and an F1 visa, as well as list the pros […]

You are planning to major in physical therapy and you want to study in the United States. You might have heard that the US has the best physical therapy schools worldwide, so of course, the US crossed your mind when deciding to choose your PT school. We want to help you pursue your dreams and […]

Have you ever wondered what the largest universities in the United States are?  In this article, we have listed the ten largest United States public university campuses by enrollment as of 2021. Read on to learn more, or check out our video Best American Universities for International Students! Please note that this list only includes […]

An H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa allowing US companies to hire foreign workers. In applying for an H1B visa, the company petitions the government to grant the foreign worker time in the US to temporarily work for the company. The visa does not grant permanent residency, although it can lead to a green card […]

A career in Computer Science could be one of the most lucrative choices in the United States. No matter, if you aspire to become a web developer, a mobile app developer, a software engineer, a systems architect, a data engineer or want to pursue your career in an academic field, Computer Science indeed opens up […]

When a parent or spouse obtains their US work visa, many families find themselves dreading the idea of having to live apart from the visa holder. Many H1 visa holders want to stay with their children or spouses, and often, these dependent family members (spouses and children under 21 years of age) rely on the […]