Steps to Cancel CVS CarePass
Posted by Frank Gogol
Updated on June 17, 2022
CVS CarePass is a great membership program for people who want to have their prescription medication delivered to their house. The paid program allows them to enjoy several in-store benefits, and they also get free shipping in 1-2 days.
But not everyone needs this service forever, and after some time, they may consider a cancellation. How do you cancel CVS Care Pass in this case? If you are in this situation, keep on reading to see how you can easily terminate your membership.
Table of Contents
Quick Overview: How to Cancel CVS CarePass
You can cancel CVS CarePass in the following ways:
- By phone. Call CVS customer care at 1-833-320-CARE and ask them to cancel your CVS CarePass account.
- Online. Navigate to cvs.com and log into your account. Click on your profile and select the “Cancel” tab.
- Through DoNot Pay. Download the DoNotPay app and register for an account. Next, click the “Find Hidden Money” tab and type in CVS Care then follow the instructions.
Detailed Instructions on How to Cancel CVS CarePass
Irrespective of the service, most memberships work similarly. So, whether you want to learn how to cancel Uber Pass, Netflix, or CVS CarePass, the steps are somehow the same and you can use multiple methods to terminate your subscriptions.
There are two methods that you can use when canceling the CVS CarePass, respectively canceling online through the official website or canceling over the phone.
Let’s look at both these options in detail.
How to Cancel CVS Carepass Over the Phone
Canceling over the phone is a very convenient option for people who want to speak directly to someone from the company. At the same time, you must be a patient person because it takes a bit of time. The good part is that the process isn’t difficult in the slightest. It is also considered the traditional membership cancellation method.
Here is how you can cancel the CVS CarePass over the phone:
- Reach out to customer support by calling them at 1-833-320-CARE.
- Make sure you call during their operating hours. The customer support of the CVS CarePass services will be available for customers from Monday to Friday, and on these days they will be open from 8 AM to 11 PM. But they are also available on Saturdays and Sundays, except their program is a bit shorter, being available from 8:30 AM until 9 PM.
- After initiating the call, hold for a while. You must wait until an agent picks up the phone, so it is important to have some patience.
- Once you get a response from an agent, you will have to request the CVS CarePass cancellation.
- Offer all the details of your account that the agent may ask for. Before the call, you should have all your personal details and information ready, making them easily accessible in case you need to answer any questions.
- Request a confirmation email. This will be proof that the cancellation was successful, so don’t hesitate to ask the agent for the confirmation email.
How to Cancel CVS Carepass Online
Canceling the CVS CarePass online via the website of the company is also easy. It is the preferred method for anyone who does not want to be in direct interaction with an agent from the company. On top of that, you will be in full control of the cancellation process, which may be more convenient for some individuals.
Here is how you can cancel the CVS CarePass online:
- The first thing you have to do is access the official website of the company, respectively www.cvs.com. Make sure that you make no typos and that you land on the right page.
- Next, log into your account. This can be done using the credentials requested, like your username and your password.
- Now, you will have to go to the cancellation page.
- Select the “Cancel” tab next to complete the cancellation of your CVS CarePass membership.
However, this is not the only way you can cancel the CVS CarePass online. This can also be done using an application called DoNotPay. The good part about this is that you can initiate the cancellation both on a computer or a smartphone, depending on which one is easier to use or which one you have access to at the moment.
All you have to do is select the DoNotPay app and you can then start canceling the CVS CarePass membership. Here are the steps you will have to go through:
- Open the favorite web browser and then go to the DoNotPay application. If you are using an iOS device, you must download the app from the Apple Store instead.
- Tap on the DoNotPay application to open it.
- Now, you will have to pick the “Find Hidden Money” tab.
- There will be a blank space that you will have to fill with the “CVS Care” service name, so the app knows which service you wish to cancel.
- Then, simply click on “Ok”.
You will get a confirmation email regarding the cancellation of the CarePass CVS membership at the email address you’ve provided.
Why Do Some People Cancel Their CarePass?
CVS has become one of the largest pharmacies in the United States and having a CVS CarePass comes with some advantages. People can get medication delivered at home without the need to go to the physical pharmacy, but there are also other benefits.
However, a lot of people decide to cancel simply because they see no value in the membership anymore. Others don’t use the membership that much, so they think there’s no need to pay for it. There are also people who cancel it because the delivery isn’t fast enough.
CVS CarePass Cancelation FAQ
You may still have a few questions regarding the CVS CarePass cancellation. If that is the case, here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers to them:
What Happens If You Cancel Before the Renewal Date?
If you cancel before the renewal date, you will be able to successfully cancel the membership without paying for another month. If you do not cancel three days before the renewal date, then your membership will renew.
Can CarePass Be Paused Instead of Canceled?
Unfortunately, you cannot pause the CVS CarePass membership, so you have to cancel it. If you end up canceling and want to use the service again later, you will have to sign up for a different account.
What Happens After You Cancel CarePass?
Once you’ve canceled your CVS CarePass membership, you will not be active anymore with any account, so you cannot get any benefits after the cancellation is complete. Ideally, you should look over your bank statements to make sure there are no unwanted CVS charges on the following billing date.
Can You Get a Refund from CarePass?
CVS will not give you a refund after canceling the CarePass membership if the payment method has been charged already.
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Delete Doordash Account
- How to Cancel Curology
- How to Cancel Weight Watchers
- How to Cancel Nutrisystem
- How to Cancel Noom
Just like some people end up deciding to cancel Weight Watchers, there are also individuals who do not want to keep their CVS CarePass anymore and decide to cancel it.
The service was made to offer customers various benefits when they shop at the pharmacy. It is not for everyone, though, and some people may not need the membership and benefits forever – so, canceling the subscription is the right thing to do.
If you decide to cancel, pick one of the available methods and you will be able to go through the steps with no issues.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]