I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel CVS CarePass
CVS CarePass is a great membership program for people who want to have their prescription medication delivered to their house. The paid program allows them to enjoy several in-store benefits, and they also get free shipping in 1-2 days.
But not everyone needs this service forever, and after some time, they may consider a cancellation. How do you cancel CVS Care Pass in this case? If you are in this situation, keep on reading to see how you can easily terminate your membership.
Quick Overview: How to Cancel CVS CarePass
You can cancel CVS CarePass in the following ways:
- By phone. Call CVS customer care at 1-833-320-CARE and ask them to cancel your CVS CarePass account.
- Online. Navigate to cvs.com and log into your account. Click on your profile and select the “Cancel” tab.
- Via Email. Requests to cancel CarePass can be emailed to [email protected].
How to Cancel CVS CarePass Online
To cancel your CVS CarePass online swiftly and with ease, follow these streamlined steps. All you need is an internet-enabled device such as a PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet. A computer is preferred due to its larger display, but mobile devices work just as effectively.
Navigate to the CVS Website
- Begin by visiting the CVS website.
- Look for your CVS CarePass link.
- Sign in using the email and password you set up during registration.
If you can’t recall your password, there’s an option to reset it. Once logged in, you can move to the next step.
- Once inside your account, navigate to your profile.
- Within your profile, locate the CarePass help section, usually at the lower right.
- Here, you’ll find an option stating “Cancel your membership online”. If you’re resolved to cancel, go ahead and click it.
Proceed Despite Reminders
- Click on “Continue with Cancellation” usually found at the page’s bottom.
Companies, by nature, try to retain their customers. So, expect CVS to highlight the benefits you’ll be missing out on.
Provide Feedback (Optional)
- CVS values your thoughts. They might ask why you’re ending your membership.
You’re free to skip this step. However, if you choose to share, detail your reasons and then select Submit.
Wait for Confirmation
After the previous steps, the system should acknowledge the termination of your membership. You’ll retain access to membership perks until your current cycle ends. A confirmation email will be sent shortly, serving as your official notice of cancellation.
How to Cancel CVS CarePass Over the Phone
Canceling over the phone is a very convenient option for people who want to speak directly to someone from the company. At the same time, you must be a patient person because it takes a bit of time. The good part is that the process isn’t difficult in the slightest. It is also considered the traditional membership cancellation method.
Opting to terminate your CVS CarePass membership through a call? Ensure you reach out during the designated service hours:
- Weekdays: 9 AM – 7 PM ET
- Weekends: 10 AM – 6 PM ET (Note: Closed on major holidays)
Here is how you can cancel the CVS CarePass over the phone:
- Dial the Dedicated Number – Contact CVS CarePass support at 1-833-320-CARE. Given that this is a helpline, waiting times may vary. Kindly be patient and heed the guided prompts to connect with a representative.
- State Your Intent – When an agent attends to your call, clearly mention your wish to discontinue your CarePass membership. They’ll prompt you for specific account details to ascertain your identity.
- Request Confirmation – After the agent processes your cancellation, insist on receiving a confirmation of the cancellation, either as an SMS or an email.
To sidestep any auto-renewal hitches, it’s advised to place your cancellation request a minimum of three days prior to your membership’s expiration date.
How to Cancel CVS CarePass Via Email
If website cancellation doesn’t work for you and you’d rather avoid a phone call, opting to terminate via email is a viable alternative. Here’s how:
- Use the Correct Email – Direct your cancellation request to [email protected].
- Send from the Registered Email – For smoother communication and verification, it’s best to use the email address associated with your CVS account.
- Include Relevant Details – Mention pertinent account information to help with the identification process, but ensure you never disclose your password or any financial particulars.
- Timeliness is Key – To avoid any billing hitches for the forthcoming membership cycle, dispatch your email at least four to five days prior to your subscription’s renewal date.
Why Do Some People Cancel Their CarePass?
CVS has become one of the largest pharmacies in the United States and having a CVS CarePass comes with some advantages. People can get medication delivered at home without the need to go to the physical pharmacy, but there are also other benefits.
However, a lot of people decide to cancel simply because they see no value in the membership anymore. Others don’t use the membership that much, so they think there’s no need to pay for it. There are also people who cancel it because the delivery isn’t fast enough.
Options to Reduce CarePass Subscription Cost
While the flexibility to adjust the CarePass subscription cost is limited, there are some ways you can optimize your spending:
- Opt for the Annual Plan – Currently, the CVS CarePass monthly membership is priced at $5. However, by transitioning to an annual subscription, you’ll effectively save $12 over the year, reducing your monthly cost by $1.
- Pausing Isn’t an Option – CVS doesn’t provide an option to temporarily suspend your CarePass membership. Remember, if you cancel and then decide to rejoin, you’ll be starting anew. Any accumulated reward points and privileges you had will no longer be available.
- Maximize Your Benefits – If you’re contemplating cancellation, ensure you utilize all the perks your CarePass offers before making the final decision. This way, you get the most value out of your existing subscription.
Comparing CVS CarePass with Other Loyalty Programs
If you’re contemplating other loyalty programs after discontinuing CVS CarePass, here’s a side-by-side comparison of some popular alternatives:
|CVS CarePass||– Operates in all 50 states |
– Choose between monthly or annual memberships
– Benefits include a 2% rebate and a rewards points system
– $10 promotional reward every month
|$5/month or $48/year|
|PillPack||– Accessible across all 50 states |
– Home delivery of medications
– Medicines organized by dosage time
|No membership fee (just medication copays)|
|Walgreens||– Presence in all 50 states |
– Rebates ranging from 1%-5%
– Earn fitness rewards by achieving set health milestones
|Rite Aid||– Services in 18 states |
– Various membership tiers with distinct perks
– Up to 20% discounts both in-store and online
– Operates a BonusCash credit system
CarePass Terms and Conditions Made Simple
Understanding everything about your CarePass subscription can be overwhelming. Below, we break down the Terms and Conditions of the CVS CarePass program, making it easier for you to understand.
- Flexibility and Changes – CVS Pharmacy, Inc. has the liberty to modify or end the CarePass® program at any time.
- Dispute Settlement – Instead of court proceedings, disagreements must be settled through individual arbitration. That means no class actions or jury trials.
- Membership Renewal – Your membership will renew by itself unless you take steps to cancel it.
- Cancellation – Want to cancel? Click here or dial 1-833-320-2273. However, store-based cancellations aren’t an option. If you forget to cancel three days before renewal, your card will be charged automatically.
- Refunds – Once a recurring charge has gone through, don’t expect a refund. Yet, if you do cancel, you’ll keep your benefits until the cancellation becomes effective.
- Enrollment Details – Enrollment is exclusive to specific states and locations. Also, certain benefits aren’t accessible in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Ensure your information stays current, and remember, CVS has the right to deny enrollment.
- Fees and Renewals – Membership charges can change, but you’ll always be notified of any alterations.
- Membership Benefits – These are exclusive to CVS.com and certain CVS stores. For full utility, an active CVS.com account is necessary.
- Health and Medication Support – The “Ask a Nurse” feature is purely informational, and the 24/7 Pharmacist Helpline isn’t universally available.
- Special Discounts – There’s a 20% off on specific CVS Health® and Live Better™ items, though some exceptions apply.
- Shipping – Enjoy FREE 1 to 2 business day shipping on select items. For prescriptions, check the details here.
- Promotional Rewards – A $10 promotional reward is provided monthly as a thank-you gesture. However, there are terms to its application.
- Updates & Communications – CVS will keep you in the loop regarding any changes to the CarePass terms.
- Termination Rights – CVS can suspend or end any CarePass account based on their judgment.
- Dispute Resolution – If any disagreements arise, they’re mostly resolved via arbitration.
- Indemnification – If any violations of the terms occur, members are expected to cover any related losses or expenses.
- Need Help? – For assistance or to cancel your membership, you can always ring up 1-833-320-2273.
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Delete Doordash Account
- How to Cancel Curology
- How to Cancel Weight Watchers
- How to Cancel Nutrisystem
- How to Cancel Noom
Just like some people end up deciding to cancel Weight Watchers, there are also individuals who do not want to keep their CVS CarePass anymore and decide to cancel it.
The service was made to offer customers various benefits when they shop at the pharmacy. It is not for everyone, though, and some people may not need the membership and benefits forever – so, canceling the subscription is the right thing to do.
If you decide to cancel, pick one of the available methods and you will be able to go through the steps with no issues.
CVS CarePass Cancelation FAQ
You may still have a few questions regarding the CVS CarePass cancellation. If that is the case, here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers to them:
What Happens If You Cancel Before the Renewal Date?
If you cancel before the renewal date, you will be able to successfully cancel the membership without paying for another month. If you do not cancel three days before the renewal date, then your membership will renew.
Can CarePass Be Paused Instead of Canceled?
Unfortunately, you cannot pause the CVS CarePass membership, so you have to cancel it. If you end up canceling and want to use the service again later, you will have to sign up for a different account.
What Happens After You Cancel CarePass?
Once you’ve canceled your CVS CarePass membership, you will not be active anymore with any account, so you cannot get any benefits after the cancellation is complete. Ideally, you should look over your bank statements to make sure there are no unwanted CVS charges on the following billing date.
What is the cost for a CarePass membership?
A monthly CarePass membership is priced at $5. If you choose the annual membership, it’s $48 a year, effectively costing $4 a month – offering a $12 savings over the monthly option.
Is there a way to test CarePass without a charge?
Yes. New members can enjoy a FREE first month of CarePass when enrolling in-store. This offer isn’t available online. To take advantage, simply visit a nearby store and speak with an associate.
Is an ExtraCare membership required for CarePass?
Yes. While CarePass operates as a distinct program, you must hold an active ExtraCare card to access CarePass and its benefits. If you aren’t an ExtraCare member, registration is easy in-store, online, or during your CarePass enrollment. To access specific digital and delivery perks, a CVS.com account and a completed online digital profile are necessary.
What if my CarePass membership is sponsored?
Those with CarePass sponsored by a health plan, prescription benefit plan, or employer won’t incur membership fees and will enjoy all standard CarePass perks. Your eligibility remains as long as your sponsor provides it. If we can’t validate your eligibility or if it changes, your membership may end. Annual members can get a pro-rated refund if they join the sponsored program mid-enrollment, but monthly members are excluded from this refund.
How does the CarePass renewal process work?
Your CarePass membership will auto-renew. Monthly members will see this on their monthly renewal date, and annual members on their yearly date. We’ll send an email before the renewal. The renewal amount will be charged to the card associated with your membership.
Can members of Medicare or Medicaid enroll in CarePass?
Certainly. While prescriptions under Medicare Part B and most Medicaid plans aren’t eligible for fast delivery, Medicare enrollment won’t affect other CarePass advantages.
How do I terminate my CarePass membership?
Either click here to cancel or call 1-833-320-CARE. Phone support is available from 9 AM-10 PM ET on weekdays and 10 AM-6 PM ET on weekends (excluding major holidays). Be aware, CVS may adjust these hours. Store visits won’t facilitate membership cancellations; ensure you cancel a minimum of 3 days before your renewal to prevent further charges.
Is a refund possible for my CarePass membership?
Once charged, monthly or annual membership fees are non-refundable. During the inaugural month, no refunds are granted. Post-cancellation, you can avail your benefits till the end of the cycle. For more information or to cancel, click here or contact us at 1-833-320-CARE during the aforementioned hours. Store-based cancellations or refunds for CarePass are not possible.