I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Starz on Amazon
The process of how to cancel Starz on Amazon is not very complicated, similar to how to cancel Showtime on Amazon. However, keep in mind that this procedure only works if you signed for Starz up using the Amazon Subscriptions service.
Cancel Starz Subscription Through Amazon App
The steps listed below will explain how to cancel Starz on Amazon using your smartphone:
- Open the Amazon app on your phone
- Tap the button with an icon of a person (between the shopping cart and house icons)
- Tap the button labeled Your Account
- Choose the subscription you want to cancel (Starz)
- Tap Manage Membership
- Choose Manage
- Select End Membership
- Confirm your cancellation.
Cancel Starz on Prime Video
The steps listed below will explain how to cancel Starz on Prime Video:
- Using a web browser, log in to your Amazon account
- Click the Accounts & Lists button on the top right of the page
- Scroll down the list, then open the Memberships and Subscriptions menu
- Select the Prime Video Channels option
- Enter your username and password again if asked to
- Look for the Starz option under the Your Channels tab
- Click the Cancel Channel(s) button
- Confirm your choice
- Select the option labeled Turn off auto-renew and watch until [date]
- You will be asked to give a reason for ending your subscription.
Contact Amazon to Cancel Starz Subscription
Contacting Amazon directly to cancel your subscription is slower than using the app or logging on to the website. You can find the contact information for Amazon customer help by logging in to your account on Amazon.com.
You will need to verify your billing and email addresses with the help center representative before they can help you cancel Starz on Amazon.
Cancel Starz subscription through Amazon.com
You can also use the Amazon website to cancel Starz on Amazon. The steps listed below will explain the procedure.
- Log into your Amazon account
- Click Your Memberships and Subscriptions
- Find the subscription you want to cancel (Starz)
- Click the Manage Subscription button next to the Starz option
- Click the link under Advanced Controls to open the main subscription page
- From that menu, you can choose to cancel your subscription.
Amazon Subscriptions Refund Policy
For digital subscriptions on Amazon, monthly subscriptions do not offer an automatic refund when you cancel. Rather, you maintain access to the service until the renewal date when you would have been charged for the next month.
However, if the subscription period is longer than one month, (such as 6 months or a year), new subscribers get a 7-day grace period in which to cancel and receive a full refund. You will lose access to the service as soon as Amazon issues your refund.
In other words, if you were just trying a new subscription and changed your mind within a week, you will not have to lose your money and keep using the subscription for the full period.
After the week-long refund window is over, you will no longer get your money back. Instead, the process will be just like canceling a month-long subscription.
There are no early termination or cancellation fees for ending a subscription on Amazon.
How to Cancel a Non-Amazon Starz Subscription
There are other ways to sign up for Starz than through Amazon. If you signed up using these methods, then you must use the same method to cancel your Starz subscription.
How to Cancel Starz Through Firestick or Fire TV
Firestick and Fire TV are Amazon products. If you used one of these to sign up, you must use Amazon to cancel.
If you signed up for Starz using your Firestick or Fire TV, use any of the procedures detailed above for how to cancel Starz on Amazon.
Canceling Starz FAQ
The questions answered below often come up when people are trying to understand how to cancel Star on Amazon.
Can I cancel my Starz subscription at any time?
Yes. You can cancel your Starz subscription on Amazon at any time. You will not be charged any cancellation fees.
However, you will also not receive any refund unless you cancel within 7 days of subscribing for a multi-month period. Instead of a refund, you will continue to have access until the end of your billing period.
How much is a Starz subscription?
$8.99 per month on Amazon. You may be able to get a discount on the monthly cost of your subscription if you pay for a long period all at once (eg 6 or 12 months).
If you sign up for Starz using a different provider, your subscription may cost a little more or a little less. Generally, a Starz subscription costs between $8 and $10, depending on where you sign up.
Can I get a refund from Starz?
Generally not. Amazon subscriptions provide a week-long period for long subscriptions in which you can get a full refund if you cancel your subscription.
After that period ends, no refunds are offered for any billing period, whether you paid for a month or a year. Instead, you will continue to have access to Starz for the rest of the billing period. Your subscription will not auto-renew at the end, and you will not be charged.
- How to Delete an Amazon Account
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime
- How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon
- How to Cancel Amazon Music
- How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon
- How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon
The method of how to cancel Star on Amazon is quite straightforward and similar to how to cancel Hulu. You will not receive a refund (unless you cancel a multi-month subscription within seven days), but you will continue to have access to the service until the billing period ends. There are no fees or cancellation charges. If you did not sign up through Amazon Subscriptions, you need to cancel Starz using the same method you used to sign up.