I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Fitbit Premium
Fitbit, like pretty much any other fitness service, provides a premium plan for those who want to become fully invested in the platform. You can get personalized insights, connect to various tools, and get access to more dynamic workouts. In 2020, around 21 million people used a Fitbit, and most of them had an associated premium account.
But what happens when you decide you no longer need that Fitbit premium account? Perhaps you reached your fitness goal, or perhaps you are planning to get a different app such as Noom or Peloton. Regardless of your reason, there’s no need to have money pulled out of your account every month for Fitbit premium – so, here is how you may cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Fitbit Coach or Fitbit Premium
Typically, you cancel Fitbit just like you would cancel a Peloton subscription or any other similar app. You go to your settings and hit cancel on your subscription. However, depending on the app that you are using, the steps may just be slightly different. Here is what you should do based on the device that you are using.
How to Cancel From Your Desktop Computer
Most people sign up from their computers but decide that Fitbit is no longer for them. Perhaps they still gained weight, or they just did not find time to use the service anymore. If you signed up to Fitbit through your computer, then you may use the same computer to cancel the subscription.
However, there’s a trick about it as you will only be able to cancel your subscription by using the same device you used to sign up. If you signed up by accessing their website on your computer, here are some steps that you can take to cancel your subscription.
- Go to the Fitbit website and log into your account
- Find the gear icon on the main page. It will be in the top right corner.
- Click on “Settings”
- Select “Subscriptions and Payments”
- Click on “Edit”
- Select “Cancel Subscription”
Bear in mind that if you are still during your trial period, the canceling tab will appear orange. In this case, you won’t be able to cancel directly through the Fitbit website. You’ll need to do so directly through the app store of your device.
How to Cancel If You Purchased Through Fitbit Directly
There are two places where you may cancel Fitbit Premium directly: the Fitbit website or the fit app store. No matter the Fitbit platform that you use, go on either of them and take the following steps:
- Add your Fitbit login information and access your account
- Go to the upper right corner of the screen or platform and select your name
- Click on “Settings”
- Select “Subscriptions and Payments”
- Select “Edit” and cancel your subscription
The process is fairly easy and the steps are similar to when you cancel Noom from their website. The platform is quite user-friendly, and Fitbit made it easy for its users to move around the website.
How to Cancel on iOS and Apple Devices
If you made an account using an iOS device, there are two ways in which you may cancel your Fitbit premium subscription: your iPhone or your Mac. Here are the steps to do that through your iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your phone
- Select “Apple ID”
- Go for “Subscriptions”
- Find “Fitbit” on the list and hit “Cancel Subscription”
On the other hand, if you wish to cancel Fitbit by using your Mac device, then you may do so by going through the steps below:
- Go to the “App Store” of your Mac device
- Go to your profile on your bottom left corner or, depending on your preferences or device, select “Store”
- On the bar found at the top of the screen, select “View My Account”
- A window called “Manage” will appear, and next to “Subscription,” there will be a button for you to select
- Find your Fitbit subscription, and select Cancel
Depending on your Mac device model, there might be slight differences. Overall, however, the process should have similar steps.
How to Cancel on Android Devices
Now that Google acquired Fitbit, it’s very easy to cancel your subscription using Android and Google Play. Similar to the Apple and iOS systems, you may also complete the process from your smartphone or computer. Here are the steps for canceling from a smartphone:
- Go to the “Google Play Store” on your smartphone
- Select your profile option on the top right side of the app
- Click on “Payments & Subscriptions”
- Hit “Subscriptions”
- Select “Fitbit” from the list
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription”
- Confirm your cancellation
On the other hand, if you are attempting to cancel Fitbit premium from a desktop app, here are the steps that you will want to follow:
- Open the Internet browser and go to the Google Play Store page
- Select “My Subscriptions” on the left menu on the screen
- Find Fitbit and select Manage
- Hit “Cancel Subscription” and make sure to confirm
Bear in mind that if Google already billed you for Fitbit, then the premium membership will still be valid until the billing cycle ends.
How to Cancel If You Subscribe Through Microsoft
Fitbit is teamed up with Microsoft with a number of their devices and offers, which means that you may sign up using a Microsoft account as well. If you created the account through Microsoft, here is how you can unsubscribe from premium.
- Go to the Microsoft main page and add your login information
- Select “Services & Subscriptions,” which is found on the navigation bar at the top
- Scroll until you find “Fitbit,” and then select the “Manage” button underneath it.
- Select “Cancel,” and then confirm your cancellation
When everything else fails, don’t fret; you won’t have to endlessly pay on your Fitbit premium account. All you need to do is contact your support team directly by using their direct phone line. This is a common solution in case you no longer have the device on which you made the subscription.
How to Switch Your Fitbit Annual Premium Plan to a Monthly Plan
Fitbit has a couple of useful features that members may enjoy, which is why they may still use it to keep track of their fitness goals. That being said, if you don’t want to use the annual premium anymore but want to opt for a monthly plan instead, then you can make a switch.
For you to do so, you will first need to unsubscribe using one of the methods that we went through above. Determine which one works best for your possibilities, and cancel your subscription. Make sure to confirm the cancellation, so you don’t keep getting billed.
Depending on how long you have left from the current plan, you need to wait until it expires. Once that happens, you can subscribe to the monthly plan just like you did with the yearly plan. If you have a monthly plan and want to switch to yearly, the process is still the same.
Fitbit helped many people reach their fitness goals. However, depending on the circumstances, some may no longer need the account. Luckily, Fitbit made it easy for its users to unsubscribe, should the motive arise.