I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.See all posts Frank Gogol
How to Cancel Home Chef
Home Chef is a well-loved, popular subscription service for people who want delicious meal kits that they can easily prepare even if they have zero cooking experience.
Although the service is very convenient and the meal kits themselves have enough variety in them, Home Chef can be quite expensive, especially if you have a large family. Additionally, some people may be going on a long trip or vacation. Others may be thinking of trying out another service.
Regardless of your reason, you’re one of those people who want to cancel your Home Chef subscription. In this article, we’ll tell you how.
How to Cancel Your Home Chef Subscription in Your Account
It’s very easy to cancel your Home Chef subscription. In fact, you can do it straight from your account.
That said, the exact steps will vary depending on your payment method.
On iOS or iPadOS devices:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap on your profile picture at the very top
- Go to Subscriptions
- Find Home Chef in the list of subscriptions
- Once you find it, click it and select Cancel
If you don’t see the cancel button, it means you either aren’t subscribed anymore, or you didn’t purchase your subscription through your Apple device.
On Android devices:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device
- Select the Google account you used to subscribe to Home Chef
- Go to Subscriptions
- Find Home Chef and select Cancel Subscription
Just like the previous method, if you don’t see it here, it means either you already canceled it, or you purchased your subscription through another means.
How to Cancel Your Home Chef Subscription Online
You can also cancel your Home Chef subscription online, right on their website.
- Log in to your Home Chef account.
- Click My Account, located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- A dropdown menu will appear—select Account Information.
- Under Delivery Details, choose the option “Pause Your Account.” You may have to scroll down to see this.
- Before you can successfully pause your account, Home Chef will provide a couple of options first, which we’ll talk about below. Since you’re already canceling your account, just click the “Pause Your Account” button.
- Next, you’ll be asked to provide a reason for the cancelation. Choose what applies best to your situation. You can also pick “Other” to write a short comment about why you’re canceling.
- After selecting your reason for canceling, click the green “Pause Your Account” button again. You’ve now successfully canceled your Home Chef subscription.
Not sure if you really want to cancel or just take a break? You can do so as well, as mentioned in step 5. Here are the choices provided if you just want to pause your Home Chef subscription.
- Skip next week. If your only reason for wanting to pause or cancel is an upcoming weekend getaway, this is the perfect option for you. Assuming you’d still like to receive meal kits when you come back next week, that is.
- Change delivery frequency. Some people don’t find enough variety in meal kits but still like them occasionally for their convenience. If this sounds like you, maybe you’d like to get your meal kits delivered monthly instead of weekly. You can do this by changing the delivery frequency of your subscription.
- Schedule your restart date. Maybe you’re going away on an extended vacation and would like to pause your subscription in the meantime. Just pick your return date to continue receiving meal kits once you go back home.
How to Cancel Your Home Chef Subscription by Phone
If you’d like to personally reach out to Home Chef in order to cancel your subscription with them, you can call them at 872-225-2433.
Tell the representative that you’d like to cancel your account and provide them with your account information, such as your name and other details.
All customer support calls should be recorded, so ask them for a verbal confirmation as proof that you’re canceling your account. If you want to go the extra step, you can also ask them to send an email as proof. Be sure not to go off the call until you receive the email.
Reasons Why People Cancel Home Chef
As mentioned above, there are many reasons why people may want to cancel their Home Chef subscription:
- Price. Although Home Chef prides itself on being one of the most affordable meal kit services today, $6.99 per serving can still be pretty steep, especially if you have a large family. For instance, a family of six who eats Home Chef meal kits twice a day will spend roughly $84 per day on this service alone, or around $2,520 a month. That’s definitely more expensive than if you’re going to do your own groceries.
- Variety. Home Chef offers plenty of variety in their meal kits, but of course, not everyone will like every single one. Some people get used to them over time, while others just realize that they don’t enjoy the varieties. There’s still something more appealing about being able to eat the exact foods that you want.
- Availability. We don’t mean Home Chef’s availability, but the subscriber’s. Some people are simply not home enough to prepare Home Chef meal kits. It’s a fun idea when you’re starting out, but later on, you may realize that preparing meal kits is still more work than just ordering takeout or eating out.
Overall, Home Chef is a stellar service that many people love and enjoy. If you’re looking for a meal kit service that will deliver straight to your doorstep, you should consider Home Chef.
Important Considerations When Canceling Home Chef
When canceling your Home Chef subscription, it’s important to consider all other factors.
One, if you’re 100% sure that you don’t want your Home Chef subscription anymore, you may want to just pause your account in the meantime. Pick the “Schedule your restart date” option and give yourself enough time to decide.
That said, even if you do cancel your account, reactivating it is actually as easy as following their meal kit recipes. Your account won’t be deleted after you cancel, so you can always reactivate it anytime.
Two, make sure that you cancel before the deadline for next week’s delivery. This is every Friday, 12 PM CST. If you cancel it before then, you won’t receive any meal kits. If you cancel after that time, you’ll still be charged for next week’s delivery because it means your order is already in processing.
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Delete Doordash Account
- How to Cancel Curology
- How to Cancel Weight Watchers
- How to Cancel Nutrisystem
- How to Cancel Noom
Canceling Home Chef: Final Thoughts
Home Chef makes cooking at home not just convenient, but healthy as well. Unfortunately, it’s not for everyone. If you’re one of those who don’t want to keep their subscription anymore, it’s good to have a handy guide on canceling your Home Chef account. If you want to know how to cancel other services like Netflix, Xbox Live, and HBO, feel free to check out our other articles!