How to Cancel Apple Music
Posted by Frank Gogol in Save Money | Updated on August 26, 2022
Apple Music turned into one of the most popular music streaming services in the world ever since it was launched in 2015. People who use this service can always listen to the Apple Music 1 radio station that is available 24/7 or they can listen to their favorite songs.
You can stream over 70 million songs and even listen to certain playlists that experts created. But there are some people who want to give up on the service – they might not like the offers anymore or they want to save money for something else. So, they decide that canceling the service is a better idea. How to cancel Apple Music, though? Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
How to Cancel Apple Music on iOS/iPadOS
You can cancel Apple Music from your iOS or your iPadOS. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Then, tap your name and then tap Subscriptions.
- Afterward, select the Apple Music entry.
- From the Edit Subscriptions screen, you should select the Cancel Subscription option. If you had a free trial instead, you should tap the Free Trial option.
- Confirm the cancellation.
Another way to cancel your subscription is from the Apple Music application. You can do it by tapping the Listen Now icon. Then, you have to look at the upper right part of the screen and tap the profile icon you find there. Once you reach the account page, you should tap the Manage Subscription option. This will let you either modify or cancel the subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Android
If you have an Android device instead, you can cancel your Apple Music subscription from the app. You should follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Music app on your phone.
- Now, from the top right corner of the page, tap the three-dot menu.
- Select Account.
- Find the Subscription section. From there, tap Manage Subscription.
- Next, tap Cancel Subscription. Make sure to confirm that you want to do this.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Mac
You can cancel Apple Music from your Mac too if that is the device you are using. Apple got rid of the iTunes app starting with macOS Catalina. Therefore, canceling your subscription from this device can be a bit different.
- If you are on either Big Sur or Catalina, you should start the process for the cancellation by first clicking the Apple icon.
- Then, click on System Preferences to open them, and pick Apple ID. From there, select Media & Purchases from the sidebar.
- Next to the Subscriptions option, click Manage.
- This will show you all the subscriptions you have. Next to the Apple Music subscription, click Edit.
- Now, click Cancel Subscription.
- Lastly, you should confirm the cancellation and then close the subscription window by clicking Done.
While this is an easy method to put an end to your subscription, there is another way to do it, more specifically through the App Store.
- Go to the App Store on your Mac.
- There, click your account name and image. It will be in the lower-left corner.
- From there, choose View Information. If requested, sign in using your Apple ID password.
- Scroll down on the Account Information page until you find the Manage section. Next to Subscriptions, click the Manage option.
- Next to the Apple Music subscription, click Edit.
- Now, choose the Cancel Subscription option and then confirm the cancellation.
How to Cancel Apple Music Through iTunes
Another thing you can do to put an end to your subscription is to cancel it through iTunes. It is pretty straightforward, so here are the steps you should take:
- Launch your iTunes.
- Now, use the Apple ID associated with your Apple Music subscription to sign in.
- Once you are signed into your account, look at the top right corner of the screen and click the user account avatar.
- From the drop-down menu, select Account Info. Enter your account password if it asks you to do so.
- When you reach the Account Info page, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You should find a section that says “Settings”. Look for the Subscriptions setting there and click “Manage” next to it.
- Then, click the “Edit” button to the right of your Apple Music subscription. Now, look for the Automatic Renewal section and select “Off”.
- You will now get a prompt with the question “Are you sure you want to turn off auto-renewal?” Of course, since you want to cancel your subscription, you should click “Turn Off”. The cancellation is complete now.
Apple Music will not be able to charge you anymore after you’ve canceled the subscription. However, you should keep in mind that once your free trial ends (after 3 months), you will not have access to the songs anymore.
How to Cancel Apple Music Through the Web
Of course, you can also cancel Apple Music on the website if you want to. It is an easy process, so you don’t have to worry about wasting any time.
- To initiate the cancellation process, open your web browser and access the Apple Music site.
- From the top right of the page, choose the Sign In button and then log into your account.
- Once you’re all set, look at the top right part of the screen and click the account icon. Then, from the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Now, scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page. From there, in the Subscriptions section, click Manage.
- Then, you will get a window on your screen saying Edit Your Subscription. Here, click Cancel Subscription and then confirm your action.
How to Cancel Apple Music Through Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV, it is possible to cancel your Apple Music subscription through it. Both Apple TV and Apple TV 4K let you do this. Here is how:
- On your TV, go to Settings.
- Now, select Users and Accounts and then click on your account name.
- Go to Subscriptions and find the Apple Music Membership part.
- From this screen, you will be able to either change the status of the subscription or cancel it.
- How to Transfer Apple Cash to Bank
- How to Add a Credit card to Apple Pay
- How to Send Money Through Apple Pay
- How to Cancel Apple TV
- How to Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone
It is easy to cancel Apple Music, and the best part about it is that you have multiple options to do so. You can cancel from your iOS device, iTunes, Android phone, web browser, Mac app, or Apple TV. It all comes down to the device you are using to take advantage of the Apple Music perks or which device is more accessible for you. Before you cancel, you should be aware of the fact that you’ll lose access to your music – so, decide if this is the best option for you. If it is, cancel it. You can always subscribe to Apple Music again in the future.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]