How to Cancel Amazon Music
Posted by Frank Gogol in Save Money | Updated on August 26, 2022
Nowadays, so many streaming options are available that it can be very difficult to make your pick. You have Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube – each with its own attractive prices for the premium features. That being said, you might be tempted to switch from the benefits of Amazon Music to something that meets your fancy more.
Still, while signing up for a streaming service is easy, signing out can occasionally be challenging. Do it incorrectly, and you might just end up being charged once again for your subscription. So, what are the correct steps to take? Here is how to cancel Amazon Music from any device you may be using.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel Amazon Music on the Web
Canceling from the web is likely the easiest way to deal with this situation. You have everything set wide in front of you, and it should not take more than a couple of clicks to close your Amazon music subscription.
The process is as easy as if you would be canceling Amazon Prime. No matter if you are on a Mac or Windows computer, or perhaps even a Chromebook, here are the main steps that you’ll have to follow to close your subscription:
- Open the web browser that you are using on your computer.
- Type in the Amazon.com address and head on to their main page.
- Go to the right side of the Amazon homepage and select “Accounts & Lists.”
- A drop-down menu will appear, where you will have to select “Membership & Subscriptions.”
- Go to the bottom page of “Membership & Subscriptions,” and you’ll see “Music Subscriptions.” Click on it, and on the screen that will appear, select Amazon Music Unlimited.
- Under “Subscription Renewal Details,” you’ll see the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Click on it.
- A confirmation box will appear. Click “Confirm Cancellation.”
If you cancel your Amazon Music subscription and you still have a couple of days until renewal, then you will not lose any premium data. You can still use the full features of Amazon Music until the end date of your subscription.
For instance, if your latest charge was on December 1st, you’ll still be able to Use Amazon Music until January 1st. All subscriptions are like this, so if you decide to cancel your Netflix or Amazon Prime as well, you’ll still get the rest of the month you paid for. You’ll only lose the premium once the month passes and Amazon no longer pulls the next payment from you.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on an Android
Canceling your Amazon Music subscription is possible from Android devices as well. Whether you are using a tablet or a smartphone, it is still an easy process. Here’s what you’ll have to do.
- Go to your Amazon Music app.
- Click on the settings (the gear icon), and then select “Amazon Music Unlimited.” You will get to the screen featuring your plan information.
- Scroll until you reach “Subscription Renewal.” From that point, select “Cancel Subscription.”
- The confirmation box will appear, so you will have to select “Submit and Confirm Cancellation.”
Canceling your subscription is likely among the easiest if you are using an Android device, as you’ll only have to go through a few short steps. That being said, it mostly depends on the availability of every person.
How to Cancel Amazon Music on iOS
If you like to spend your time scrolling on an iPhone or an iPad, then the process might involve a couple of extra steps as compared to Android. That being said, the process is still highly intuitive, so canceling your subscription on iPhone should only take a couple of minutes.
Bear in mind that while the iOS system offers you the option of an Amazon Music app, you won’t be able to cancel your subscription from there. You’ll need to use your phone’s or iPad’s internet browser. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Open your browser and go to the Amazon.com website.
- Use the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in order to sign in to your account. You will find it on the corner, top left of your homepage.
- Go to your account menu, and then click on the “Account Settings” selection.
- Find “Membership & Subscriptions” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the entry that says “Amazon Music Unlimited”
- You will see a selection that says “Amazon Music Unlimited Settings.” Tap that option and move on.
- The option to “Cancel Subscription” will appear before you. Obviously, your next step is to tap it.
- You will have to select the reason for your cancellation. You will get multiple presets, such as you found a different service or you couldn’t find the music you needed. Once you select the reason, you may hit “Confirm cancellation.”
There may be multiple steps to cancel your Amazon Music subscription here, but it is still quite intuitive. Whether you use an iPhone, iPad, or any other iOS-based product, the steps are mainly the same.
The moment you confirm your cancellation, you will be told that even if you cancel your subscription now, you will still be able to access it until the paid month comes to an end.
How to Cancel Amazon Music from iTunes
Amazon Music also allows you to listen to music via iTunes. These two are often connected, so rather than going on any roundabout ways, you may simply cancel your subscription by going to iTunes.
The payments here are processed by using your Apple account, which makes it easier for you to cancel an Amazon Music subscription-based on iTunes. Here is what you will have to do in order to cancel your subscription.
- Open your browser and go to the support.apple.com page.
- Once you are on the main page, select “Billing and Subscriptions.”
- You will be taken to a page with multiple selection options. What you’ll want to click is the “See or Cancel Subscriptions.”
- From that point on, you will be prompted into going to the app for iTunes. Ideally, you should already have it installed at this point. If you don’t, then you need to install it now. Click “Download it For Free” on the page directly.
- Once you are on your iTunes app, go to the top of the screen and then select “Account.” From that point on, select the “View My Account” option.
- Select the “Settings,” after which you should be able to see the “Subscriptions.”
- Next to “Subscriptions,” you will see the option to “Manage.” Click on that option.
- Look through your subscriptions and find the one for “Amazon Music.” Select this option to move forward.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription.” You also need to confirm the cancellation.
With iTunes, it takes a bit of a roundabout, but you are prompted in all the right places. Once you start, the process should once more be fairly intuitive.
- How to Delete an Amazon Account
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime
- How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon
- How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon
- How to Cancel Showtime on Amazon
- How to Cancel Starz on Amazon
Regardless of the Amazon Music plan that you are subscribed to, you can let it go anytime you want. There are plenty of options that allow you to do that, from your phone to your computer. Once your subscription ends, you may proceed to choose another subscription of your liking, should you want to make a change.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]