Stilt Eligibility Criteria
The Minimum Eligibility Criteria For a Loan With Stilt:
Below are the minimum eligibility criteria to apply to borrow from Stilt. You must meet all of the criteria to be considered for a loan.
Physical Presence in the U.S.
- You need to be physically present in the U.S. during the application process.
- If you were in the U.S. and currently residing in another country, you are not eligible.
U.S. Bank Account in Your Name
- You need to have a bank account at a U.S. based bank where you are the primary account holder.
U.S. Personal Phone Number in Your Name
- We need a phone number from a U.S. based carrier
- You can be on a family plan but it should still be your personal number
- We don’t accept business, school, Google Voice, and other online-only phone numbers
U.S. Address in One of the Eligible States
- You must have a U.S. address in one of the states we are licensed to loan in
- The most up to date list of eligible states can be found at the bottom of our homepage.
- Currently licensed to lend in: AZ, IL, FL, TX, PA, CA, MI, WA, GA, NY, NJ, UT, WI.
- We do not accept P.O. Box as a valid address.
Legal/Valid visa or Another Legal Status
- You must have a legal and valid eligible visa for at least 6 months
- F-1, H-1B, O-1, J-1, L-1, TN, L-1, G-1, DACA, and Asylum seekers.
- B1/B2 and several other visas are not eligible.
*Please note that this is base criteria require to be eligible to apply for a loan and does not guarantee loan approval. If you meet all of the conditions listed above, we will review your application for a potential loan. The application can still be declined based on our risk assessment.
To learn more about what we look for when you apply for a loan – read here.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria – apply here.
Use the interactive map below to learn more about Stilt’s eligibility criteria.